Me On Monday


After a quiet weekend spent indoors because of the weather, Me on Monday is feeling well and is ...

... hoping that the weather forecast is accurate and we have the week of sunny days we've been promised.

... looking forward to my weekly adventure on Thursday. This week my chosen destination is Stonehenge, in the hope that the limited access to the site means I can take some people-free photographs of the stones, something that's usually impossible to achieve.

... attemping to organise a face-to-face meet up with L and J. It's looking increasingly unlikely that the three of us can agree a mutual date this week so I may end up meeting up with each of them individually. Rather than just sitting and talking I'm hoping to persuade them to walk and talk, maybe around the Country Park or one of the woodland walks.

... shopping online for a replacement oil mister. Mine finally broke on Friday and now won't spray at all so I have to look for another. It's frustrating when a 'much used, just right' piece of equipment has to be replaced so I'm hoping I can find another that's just as good - I don't know the make as the logo disappeared many moons ago!

... listening to Heart radio when I'm busy on kitchen duties. I must have retuned the radio, although I can't remember doing it, as I usually listen to Classic FM but for the time being am enjoying the music choices. 

... watching the repeated Dangerfield series on UKTV Play. It suits my mood and is a pleasant, gentle watch without the violence of so many current shows.

... reading up on local history and choosing the places I'd like to visit. The list is huge! ... I'm going to have a lot of fun if I ever manage to see everything on the list.

... eagerly awaiting the arrival of my wonderful gardener tomorrow. I'm hoping the annuals will be repotted and an agreement reached on some of the shrubs and fruit trees so that orders can be placed.

... hoping that you all have a good week.

Comments

  1. It looks like you have a pleasant week planned - walking and talking sounds like just the ticket these days. And I know what you mean about 'much used, just right' piece of equipment. I often think that I need to start buying another of these kinds of items just as soon as I realize they are nearly indispensable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have no willpower so walking and talking has morphed into Afternoon Tea one day next week. We'll have fun though!

      Delete
  2. Fingers are crossed here for some lovely weather too. There are oil misters around so I hope you find one that suits.
    Why not get two this time and tuck one away
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered one from Lakeland which looks very similar to the one I had. I'll see how I get on with it first.

      Delete
  3. So glad to read that you on Monday are feeling well and making plans for a pleasant week ahead. I've always wanted to visit Stonehenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Stonehenge. I'll take some photos for you to make up for the fact that you are unable to visit yourself.

      Delete
  4. I've caught up with your weekend posts & today's. You have done well with picking some adventures that really nurture calm. I cannot wait to read about your Stonehenge adventure, especially with the "recent" discovery of what's underneath Stonehenge! Your oil mister could serve one more purpose "an item that needs to be thrown away" & if you follow Joy's excellent suggestion "something you have more than 1 of ". :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of taking a photo of the broken mister. Never mind, I have a substitute idea.

      I'm spoilt for choice with all the places to visit in this area.

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of an oil mister. It's nice to read about you finding local places to visit. The staycation has become a way of everyday life :) It's wonderful to live in a place that offers as many options as you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the mister I've ordered - https://www.lakeland.co.uk/70289/Misto-Oil-Sprayer

      I'm very lucky with the choices available in this area. At the moment I'm planning trips based on distance of a maximum 45 minutes drive (as I don't want to use public toilets at the moment) but even that restriction leaves me with a huge choice of places to visit.

      Delete
    2. Now I see! I had no earthly idea what an oil mister even was lol Thx!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts