An Easy Day!

Yesterday (Saturday) can be ticked off as my most productive day for a long time. I abandoned any thoughts about going out (for any reason!) because of the worsening weather ... high winds again.

My neighbour is an absolute treasure. He called round first thing to say he'd fixed the fallen fence panel so that's one less thing to worry about. He didn't need to buy anything so there's no cost involved which is great news. I will get him a bottle of wine to say thank you though. 

I started my efforts in the living room carrying on with the spring cleaning, so beeswaxing the mahogany furniture, wiping down the paintwork and moving the furniture to hoover the entire carpet. I just have the window and French doors to do (today maybe?) and then that room is finished and I can tick off another February task.

After a break I collected all the audio and video equipment and dumped it in the living room. I took loads to the recycling yard some months ago but still found plenty ...



If they take it all it will clear another big space in the house. If they aren't interested, then it will probably follow the rest to the recycling yard.

After lunch I tackled the cupboards in the playroom. There wasn't much to dispose of but I had all the space freed by returning the band folders etc. so could spread everything out and make it easier to find things. I have kept some things relating to hobbies I don't currently actively pursue but which I think I may like another go at to see if the interest is still there before making the decision to let those items go as well. So the cupboards are organised and that's another one of the February tasks ticked off.

In the evening I settled down to watch my chosen films. They were both recommended and, I am happy to report, lived up to expectations and I enjoyed both of them. I also rewatched 'The Martian'.

On to today (Sunday) and all I plan to do is wipe over all the audio/video equipment. Once that's done I will treat myself to an easy day. All I'd like to do is some more research on changing my diet. I'm thinking about following the 'breakfast like a king, lunch like prince, dine like a pauper' idea. On the days when I've eaten a more substantial breakfast I've generally felt better, have eaten less over the course of the day without feeling hungry and have slept better. I will point out that I hadn't noticed this until I read back through the food diary I've been asked to keep but it definitely stands out over the three months I've been recording my meals. This approach sort of ties in with the fact that the start of my days are when I tend to be more active. I need to review my meal plan and also come up with more ideas for a variety of substantial breakfast ideas so I'm aiming to trial this for three months starting in March.

I'll do some music practice today, probably the flute, and would also like to edit the photos I took of Baby P.  Apart from that ... I don't know but probably reading, watching TV, and some calligraphy practice.

I hope you all have a good day whatever you plan to do.

Comments

  1. I'm huguely impressed, well done!
    Keeping records/plans can be very helpful in noticing trends and patterns, can't it? I'm sure your strategy will work really well for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yes record keeping is helpful and I will keep a daily record while I transition to this new for me approach to eating. I'm hopeful that I will feel much better eating in this way and hopefully it will kickstart the weight loss.

      Delete
  2. You had a very productive Saturday! Look at all those things you've ticked off! Hope your Sunday is nice and relaxed. :) Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where all the energy came from but I got it done and am now sitting here on Sunday with a mug of coffee feeling really smug 😂😂

      Delete
  3. Hello Eileen,
    Always admiring your organizational works.
    I loved to follow this diet, but I don't know if I have the courage.
    In the morning I don't enjoy eating much. Cacao milk and cereals and a mid-morning coffee.
    I wish that you have a productive week, but also with relaxing moments.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only eaten this way occasionally so don't know how I will get on doing it every day. It may have to be a gradual transition. I think it's worth a try.

      I won't be as busy this week so will have plenty of time to relax.

      Delete
  4. You’ve been very productive!

    I too like 'breakfast like a king, lunch like prince, dine like a pauper' idea. I try to have a good breakfast, especially on weekdays. Then I can work for hours without feeling hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will take a while to change completely to the new eating pattern as I have quite a few main meals in the freezer which will need to be used up, but in the longer term I think this will idea will work well for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts