Lifestyle Goals | Monthly Review for January 2020

Here is my update for January, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [7][8]To achieve this I want to focus on these sub-goals:
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [10][10]
  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [10][10] 

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goals:
  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [6][7.5] I have made good progress during January, disposing of some clothes, books, CDs and unused kitchen items

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that require improvement. 
  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [8][8]
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [8][8] 
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [7][7]
  • I live life now, in the moment [6][6]

My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) for January were all to do with simplifying life: 
  1. Finish sorting through my clothes and dispose of any item that doesn't fit, is never worn, or is too tatty - by January 31st 2020. ACHIEVED in part. Some clothes have been disposed off but I have also packed some out of sight in a suitcase and will donate them if they haven't been worn in the next 6 months.
  2. Check all books in the bookcase and send all unwanted ones to the charity shop - by January 31st 2020. ACHIEVED, over 100 books donated or sold
  3. Obtain quotes for sale of all camera equipment - by January 31st 2020. COMPLETE FAIL! I haven't done anything towards this yet.
  4. Meal plan for second half of January/first half of February - by January 6th 2020. ACHIEVED
  5. Resume weekday schedule adding in extra cleaning tasks - immediate, and review on January 31st 2020. 40% SUCCESSFUL, due to the continuing tiredness from the bout of pneumonia in December

My SMART tasks for February are:
  1. Meal plan for the next four weeks - by February 7th 2020
  2. Spring clean the living room - by February 29th 2020
  3. Reorganise the cupboards in the playroom - by February 29th 2020
  4. Declutter five items - by February 29th 2020
  5. Source a gardener and prepare one area of the back garden - by February 29th 2020

Comments

  1. You did really well with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. Despite feeling so tired and having too many lazy days I did manage to make some progress.

      Delete
  2. You did very well on your January goals, even with the setbacks due to health related issues. Everything either went up or stayed the same; nothing went down. That, in itself, is an achievement! Hopefully, February will see even more improvements. I like your SMART tasks for February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm hoping to get a lot more done in February but if I do only manage the five SMART tasks, then I'll be happy.

      Delete
  3. I think you've done exceptionally well. I admire how focused and determined you are. I also like your goals for February.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm actually starting to feel the benefits from all the changes so it's definitely been worth the effort.

      Delete
  4. Those goals look challenging, and you're doing so well! I'm inspired by you to try a more organized meal planning approach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been meal planning for that long so still haven't quite got it right for me but am persevering because it makes life so much easier and keep costs down. Good luck with your own planning.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I've have some 1/2 cup servings of both chili and chicken soup. I need to think up some other things that can be frozen. Thanks again for the encouragement :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts