More Decluttering, Photo Walk, and Film Night

Yesterday the courier collected the box of books as agreed so that's now winging its way to Ziffit and hopefully I will have a £40+ sum of money transferred to my bank account in the near future. L  arrived  as planned and we spent a very pleasant afternoon together putting the world to rights.

Today I am carrying on with the decluttering, moving all the remaining obsolete audio and video equipment to one spot ready for Monday morning. A local company pays cash for this type of equipment so I have arranged for them to call in to see if they want to buy the things I have. There is lot of stuff (they've already seen a list detailing everything) so I'm hoping they will buy it all ... I don't expect it to make much money but any amount is better than taking it to the skip and just dumping it. Before Monday morning I need to match all the power leads and remotes to the correct items and also find all the instruction booklets.

It's forecast to rain on and off all weekend so I hope to dodge the raindrops around midday and drive to Bradford on Avon to take some photos for the U3A challenge and also for the WPSH. If I'm unlucky with the weather I will have to postpone until next week and will curl up on the sofa with a book instead.

Tonight I'm having a film night ... just me, a homemade chicken curry, and courtesy of Netflix, I'll be watching 'The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind' and 'Darkest Hour'.

Comments

  1. You are doing so well with the decluttering! Hope you are able to sell the audio/video equipment. Hope, too, that you have good weather to go and take your photos. Have a good start to your weekend, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, the weather is getting worse as the day progresses so I'll stay home and do the photos later in the week.

      I seem to be back in the right frame of mind to continue with the decluttering so will keep going and hopefully get it all finished this time.

      Delete
  2. I so admire they war you are decluttering, Eileen. Also, I love that you're making some money out of it as well. More space and more cash - couldn't be better!
    Your film night sounds great. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so close to the end now (not counting the garage stuff!!) ... I think there is probably only enough stuff for one or two charity shop donations and then a few more things to sell and it'll all be done. I can see the finishing post!

      Delete
  3. I have noted those two films.I am going to look into Ziffit.I have never used it but have lots of surplus books.Enjoy your curry and the films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I have used Ziffit but it was a very easy way of making some money on books I would usually donate or give away.

      I'll let you know what I think about the film's.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen either of the films you have planned, but I do have Netflix. I'll have to look for them :) I love film nights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed both of them and also rewatched The Martian which was screening on TV. The TV schedule for tonight was dire so thank heavens for films and Netflix!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts