Thursday

Thank you for your comments yesterday and apologies that I didn't respond, nor comment on your own posts. The reason will be clear as you read this post!

Well yesterday started well. I was up early, feeling good, had breakfast and started sorting through a box - it turned out to be full of odds and ends I must have thought at one time I wanted to keep but which have now been put aside for the next charity shop donation. 

I stopped for a coffee and ... the dreaded migraine aura started without warning so I took the prescription medication and went to lie down. I slept for about three hours and woke pain free but feeling completely drained. S hadn't confirmed meeting up so I let him know I couldn't make it anyway ... we've missed so many weeks now because one or other of us is poorly! I was supposed to be going to the cinema with J and L in the evening but for one reason or another none of us could go so, to be honest, that was a relief. I spent the rest of the day finishing my 'romance' book for the reading challenge (The Liar by Nora Roberts, not my favourite genre but an okay read) and then watched 'Awake' on Netflix (okay way to pass some time but wouldn't want to watch it again).

After an early night and a good sleep I feel much better today. I've received notification that the print I ordered which was originally going to be delivered on the 5th, then delayed until the 14th, will now be here today instead, so I need to stay in ... it's really foggy out, so I doubt I would have gone out anyway. I'm just going to have a quiet day and relax.

I've contacted to U3A to ask whether there are spaces in the Mah Jong and Family History groups, so will wait on responses to those enquiries before I look for anything else. There is a coffee morning scheduled for the end of this month which will be a good opportunity to meet some people and also to sign up for a trip to Packwood House, a National Trust property, in May.

Comments

  1. I'm very sorry about the migraine but glad that you will be in when your parcel arrives. Take care and I hope you continue to feel better through the day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've managed to eat some breakfast so definitely feel on the mend today. I'm just a little tired so will take it slowly and listen to my body. The migraines tend to come in cycles and I seem to be in the middle of a bad period at present but as migraines go, this one wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear that you had a migraine, but, glad it wasn't too bad and you are feeling better, today. Hopefully, you will be able to meet up with S and your other friends, soon. That's good that your print will arrive sooner than later, too. Hope you will be able to hang it up, soon. Continue to take it easy, today, and rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's arrived already and I am really pleased with the quality. It's always difficult to tell when you buy online but this hasn't disappointed. I need to buy the correct fixings to hang it and it's big, so will need some help. It may be a job for the handyman!

      Delete
  3. Good that you got right on top of that migraine. What a lovely treat to get your print today & I see from other comments it has arrived in good condition (yeah). I think world wide January & Funerary are going to be known as the months of miladies & I am not even including that Coronavirus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a lot of illness around. Every family Ok know seems to have at least one family member suffering from ongoing lurgies. The coronavirus is scary ... they've just announced another case has been confirmed in the UK.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better. I know you've been excited about your print. I see from your comment above that you are pleased, and I know you'll love finally getting it up on the wall. Mah Jong! That sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking on YouTube for a guide on how to play mah jong ... it looks more complicated than I thought! I'm looking forward to learning though,assuming there is space for a new member in the group.

      Delete
    2. I've heard learning in person from someone who knows is the only way. I hope you get to join this one, but if enough people are interested there might be a new group forming.

      Delete
    3. It does say that they are prepared to teach beginners so I am keeping my fingers crossed. If a new group should form it will depend when they meet as the current day and time fits in with my current schedule.

      Delete
  5. Migraines! What is going on? I have had six (of varying severity) this year already, a spate in December and a really bad one in November. It has got to the stage where I am waking up with them and they either go almost immediately or worsen and linger on. It was thanks to migraine-related clumsiness that I injured my foot. I completely sympathise and hope it is something to do with the weather or something, because it is really getting me down.
    For some reason I associate mahjong with opium addiction ... but I don't think it's compulsory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mine is down to still being under the weather from the pneumonia. I tend to be more at risk of bad migraines when I'm tired which sums up how I've been feeling since before Christmas. Sorry to hear you are suffering too ... it's not just the actual migraine is it, it's the physical recovery afterwards and then catching up with everything you've had to ignore while you've been too ill to do anything ... and you just manage to catch up, breath a sigh of relief and then you get another migraine!! Sometimes it's just not fair and I know how it can get you down.

      I didn't know about the Mah Jong / opium connection. I'll have to research it because you know I like to do things properly 😂😂😂

      Delete
    2. Yes, I've been under the weather since about mid-November, always feeling as if I'm about to come down with something but not - then again, also not getting better. Nothing much, other than snivels, chapped lips, spots, mouth ulcers... and of course the endless headaches. You sum it up so well. My other problem is that sleeping the migraine off messes up my sleep pattern so I feel constantly jetlagged, which of course does nothing to help matters.
      I've just googled the mahjong/opium thing and now wonder where I first heard about it. Possibly in Wild Swans? I have some poppies in the garden if that's any use?

      Delete
    3. I'll add you to the list of potential suppliers 😂😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts