Friday

I had a lovely relaxed day yesterday. The new print for the living room arrived before 9 am, in perfect condition and I love it just as much as I hoped I would. Sometimes buying online can be disappointing but not this time. Here's a little peek ...


... obviously you can't see it all yet! The handyman is coming on Monday to quote for all the things I'd like him to do and I'll ask him to hang this picture - the chances of me getting the three fixings to line up correctly and keep it straight are limited! I'm still not sure about the black frame but I will wait to see what it looks like once it is on the wall.

I didn't do much at all yesterday, just the washing up and one load of washing which I dried in the tumble dryer. I still have to put it away though. I finished off the meal planning and have a shopping list ready for next week so that's the first thing ticked off the list of February tasks.

I made a start on another book - A Jarful of Angels by Babs Horton. I doubt that I'd recognise her now or that she'd remember me, but I knew her when I did my teacher training. She was in her final year when I was in my first and she was the friend of a friend. I read one of her books a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it so bought this one and then didn't read it for some reason. However, it survived the latest purge of books and I am about a quarter of the way through it, and it's as good as I'd hoped.

I'm in the middle of sorting out another box of stuff. This one is more challenging as it's filled with things that belonged to my late partner. At first glance there are only a couple of items I'd like to keep and the rest I will probably return to his family but I'll take my time making the decisions. 

I want to pop into town this afternoon and look for some new tops and I may look in the fabric shop to see how much the fabric and threads for a redwork picture will cost. Then I'll call in to see J on the way home. 

I'm hoping to have an early night as I have to be up early for the calligraphy workshop tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Oh that's such a tease to see just a tip of the print ... How interesting to know the author of a book you are reading. Happy weekend & I hope you enjoy the calligraphy workshop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky enough to know three authors ... it definitely adds to the experience when I read their books.

      I'm looking forward to the calligraphy workshop tomorrow, it should be fun.

      Delete
  2. I like the black frame. I also like that chair :) How exciting to know the author of a book you're reading! Friend of a friend counts as far as I'm concerned. The calligraphy workshop sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting used to the black frame now but will still wait to see what it looks like when it's on the wall.

      It's a modern italics workshop ... I'll try to take some photos but I can't promise!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful print! It goes well with your sofa and the pink cushion, I think. I like the black frame, but, maybe you could paint it a lighter color if you prefer? Enjoy your browse through the fabric shop! Hope you have fun at the calligraphy workshop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will probably stay black ... it's growing on me and I will consider reframing the other paintings in this room to match.

      A change of direction with the sewing and I bought a second hand adjustable tailor dummy at a good price and will look to do some dressmaking. I've been looking online for a pattern and then I'll look for the fabric.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts