Decluttering, A Visitor, and Relaxing

Well, the finance handover didn't go according to plan. I don't really know why I was expecting it to and I now have set aside another morning in two weeks time to get it done. The problem this time was that the account didn't balance;  lots of searching and checking but couldn't sort it out so I bought the receipts and bank statements home to go through it properly. The first thing I spotted was that the account did balance when the correct bank statement was used!! Frustrating but at least I spotted it straight away so won't waste any more time on it.

I had a quiet afternoon reading, answering texts and messages, and watching Tipping Point. In the evening I went to watch Rent with J in the local Arc Theatre. For those who don't know the show, it's a rock musical loosely based on the La Boheme story. This was an amateur production and was very good ... we both enjoyed it and will watch out for other shows at this venue.

I have to stay home today as a courier will arrive at an unspecified time between 8 am and 5 pm. Having to stay in is a shame in one way as it's the last dry day forecast for a while and I need to take some photos for the U3A challenge, but good in another as L is planning to call in for coffee and a chat.

Apart from the courier collection and enjoying L's company for a while, I have nothing else arranged. I doubt I will do much, maybe some reading but definitely nothing too strenuous, and it'll be a quiet evening too.

Comments

  1. Oh, dear! Better luck with handing over the accounts, next time! At least you spotted the problem right away! Glad you enjoyed seeing Rent. I haven't seen it, myself, but, have heard some of the songs and we did a dance to one of the songs, back when I took dance classes. :)

    Sounds like you'll have a nice relaxed day; enjoy L's visit. I need to try and take some photos, too, for the WPSH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will have to be less generous about helping with the accounts, take a step back and let her puzzle her way through it once the year end figures have been produced.

      This was a local amateur company and it was an excellent performance. I had no idea that this sort of thing was available in my home town so have signed up for email notifications of future shows.

      I have to take some more for the WPSH as well. Thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  2. Oh The Band is certainly treading on your kind offers to rescue. Maybe a muddle is the best teacher for this person to learn. Sometimes ammeter theatre is the best. Ah yes I must get out there for a few more WPSH captures. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided to support until the year end figures are ready, so end of March, and then will let them figure it out themselves.

      I've planned out a couple of WPSH photos to take over the weekend but will have to dodge the raindrops, so fingers are crossed!

      Delete
  3. It's taking ages longer than you expected to truly hand over everything, hasn't it? I see just abover that you're giving it one more month and then end of story!
    I hope you managed to get everything done that you'd planned to do. The weather is playing havoc with it all at the moment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's taking much longer than I'd hoped but I have to draw the line somewhere and the end of the financial year seems appropriate.

      I've decided against going out today as the wind and rain is getting worse and we have a weather warning in place . I have plenty I can get on with to free up a day during the week to do the photos so I am choosing to stay warm, dry and safe today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts