Finishing Up and Starting New Things!

I met with C yesterday morning to do the handover over of the band's finances so that's another thing over and done with ... almost. I will help her prepare the end of Financial Year figures when the books are balanced at the end of March but that's a one-off ... all the other tasks associated with this role are no longer my responsibility. The End!

I had to change my afternoon plans because I was able to arrange for the autism charity to collect their box of goodies, and I had someone else interested in buying the Victorian kaleidoscope but they were a no show so that's still here. The no show was a bit annoying but at least the donation to the charity has cleared another space and I've been able to tick a couple more tasks off my to-do list.

Today I have a free morning, free in that I'm not meeting anyone, so I am going to start spring cleaning the living room. I'd originally planned to get it finished in one day but that was before I put my name down for the U3A Photography group which is on this afternoon. The living room won't take too long to do so what doesn't get done today will be finished tomorrow.

I've been checking the 'what's on' pages and have found a couple of other things to add to the list of potential activities. One seems to be a regular Saturday afternoon free event, a board games club organised by the library. It's for all ages but I will find out who goes and which games are played before I commit to going ... I won't bother if there aren't any adults. I didn't ever get to the similar club organised by my local library which now seems to have disappeared without trace; this latest one is in Bradford on Avon and seems to be going strong so it's worth investigating.  The other event is a mid week Verse & Music afternoon, a joint venture organised by the library and the rural music school. It's a free event starting next month so I will register my interest and toddle along on the day to see what it's all about.

I started watching Mrs Lowry & Son on Netflix last night but was too sleepy to watch to the end. It's not at all what I was expecting and left me feeling sad and frustrated for Lowry. I only have about 30 minutes left to watch so I will finish watching it tonight, though it's not a feel good film. I'll follow it up with a comedy I think, but I don't know which one.

Comments

  1. Well done. This handover has taken a long time, reflecting how much you actually did for the band.
    Your U3A sounds loads more active then round here. I will look further but there doesn't seem to be anything like photography (which I would be very interested in).
    No complaints though - we both live a busy and fulfilled life and that's the main thing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular U3A seems to be well supported with plenty of active groups. I'm hoping that joining a photography group will kick start my own photography efforts which have been sadly lacking for too long.

      I feel a tremendous sense of relief that I can draw a line under the band. I feel it belongs to a part of my life that is behind me and I have moved on to a whole new adventure. Life is looking good with plenty to do and a feeling of fulfilment which, as you say, it the main thing.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if The Band dragged their feet because they had hoped to entice you back? Good for you that it's done. Thinking of my OLW, I found a local band concert coming up end of the month that I purchased tickets (reasonably priced)for, so Mr Man & I have something to look forward to. I'm Nourishing our social aspects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. It's probably more a case of people being used to me doing it 'plus' all the extra work created by relocating the band and having to alter the way the band is now run as a result of their new location.

      Well done for buying that ticket. It's easy to think about doing something but actually committing to buying the tickets moves you to the next level 👏👏👏

      Delete
  3. The Victorian kaleidoscope sounds like a treasure, and I'm surprised you didn't hear from your scheduled buyer. Odd. I'm impressed you're finding so many activity options :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not unusual for people to make arrangements to buy something and then not turn up.

      I'm always amazed by how many things are going on in this area. I'm concentrating on free activities at the moment and have quite a long list. I won't do all of them but it's good to have the list for days when I feel like doing something different.

      Delete
  4. I hope you did something to celebrate handing over the band stuff! :)

    You are going to have a very busy social life with all these new activities! I hope they all work out well and you'll enjoy engaging in them. :)

    Spring cleaning - I should join you. Once I recover from last week's cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't think to celebrate. I'm glad I've drawn the line now and can look forward though.

      It sounds like a lot of new additions to fit in but it's not that much in terms of hours really. I'm including this in a future post so won't go in to too much detail for now but it's along the lines of deciding 'when is it enough'.

      Spring cleaning ... I don't know what came over me but I need to catch up with all the bits that don't get done too often, like the blinds and the curtains and the beeswax treatment on the mahogany furniture.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts