Decluttering, Teaching and Singing

I was up early this morning as the people are due around 9 am to see all the audio and video equipment. They pay cash and will take anything they buy away with them today. I've decided that I will take everything they're not interested in to the recycling yard later this morning. Hopefully they will want some of it at least but if they don't I can't see any reason to keep it in the hope I can sell it to someone else. It's mostly obsolete technology so, one way or another, today is the day it all leaves the house! 

If I do need to do a skip run I have a couple of bags of rubbish to take as well so that will clear additional space in the dining room. It's looking a lot better in there now. I'm not quite ready to start using the room for meals yet but it won't be long before I can sit at the table again. The next push is on some music items - various instruments, cases, music books and music reference books - which will be a task for March.

This afternoon I'd like to continue recipe hunting until I stop for the first lesson at 3:30 pm. One child is poorly so there's a gap after the first lesson and the last child will turn up at 4:50 pm. I'll have time for a light meal before I leave home for choir practice. Tonight we will continue with Stand By Me and For Good, and will start learning Brave - M lets us know what we will be singing via email.

Once I get home I'll have a soak in the bath and read for a while before bedtime at 10:30. I'm hoping to re-establish a better and more regular sleep pattern so to aid this I will go back to no TV or screen time after 9pm for the time being on weekdays as this does affect how well I sleep. The days are getting longer and Spring will soon be here so I want to have the energy to be out and about doing all the things I've planned for this year ... a decent amount of sleep every night is just one essential part of that plan!

Comments

  1. It all sounds excellent. Have a wonderful day and fingers crossed they want to buy at least some of it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He bought some of it for £115, more than I thought I would get, so I am a happy bunny!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully, they will want most of the audio/video stuff. If not, I guess it is time to toss it all out. Sounds like you have a good day planned out. Hope it all goes according to plan. Enjoy your choir practice in the evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, he bought some and the rest can go to the skip but not today as it has started raining!

      I'm looking forward to learning the new song tonight at choir.

      Delete
  3. Yeah that some of the equipment was sold. Who knows maybe someone at the recycle centre will claim some of it. I agree that good quality sleep is a corner stone of better health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just relieved that I've made a decision to let it all go. Selling some was a bonus but the rest will go in the skip ... they don't encourage people claiming any of it, it's not that sort of recycling centre.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts