Taking It Easy!

As soon as it's light I will venture out for my daily walk but that's the only thing on the list for today. 

I'm looking forward to an easy day while I get over the worst of this cold. I'd be able to go to work if I had to but I don't, so I may as well enjoy one of the plusses of retirement and pamper myself while I feel under the weather. So today will be filled with naps, Netflix films, afternoon TV games shows, and reading, interspersed by breaks for coffee, hot chocolate and food. I'm not 'ill', just that horrible feeling at the start of a cold so you don't need to feel sorry for me! 

I made it as far as Bradford on Avon yesterday but, as soon as I parked the car, I bumped into an ex work colleague who I haven't seen for at least fifteen years ... a lovely surprise and all thoughts of photography were abandoned while we went for coffee and a catch up. It was one of those lucky meetings as she now lives in Leeds and has been visiting in the area for the past week. It was great to catch up with her and once she'd got over the shock of Ced's illness and death, we had loads to talk about. 

I still haven't heard back from the handyman with a price or a date to do the work so I will have to look for someone else. That can be added to the list of admin tasks for next week, but it is frustrating when you never hear back about quotes. I also have to make appointments to see the doctor and optician, and to reorder my next supply of medication ... it seems that March is turning out to be a medical month as I already have a physio appointment arranged.

Tomorrow I will be doing the 'feed a cold' bit of the saying, so something to look forward to and I'll tell you all about it. No details for now except to say it's not at all diet friendly!!

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about 'that horrible feeling' and a nice, easy, warm, cosy day sounds just what the doctor would order!
    How great to bump into an old friend like that and so lovely that you both had the time to chat over a coffee.
    I look forward to how and with what you are going to feed that cold. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely to catch up with her after so long. She's now a grandmother and her life seems to be back on track and it was so good to see her happy with her lot.

      I've been looking forward to the 'feed a cold' treat for a long time so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you will be taking it easy and resting as you recover from that cold. How nice that you bumped into an old friend and were able to catch up with her over coffee. The photos can wait. I, too, am looking forward to finding out more about your plans to feed the cold! :) Hope you have a lovely, restful day and recover from that cold, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back to bed after my walk this morning and have woken mid morning feeling much better. As cold go, this one isn't too bad ...but any excuse to pamper myself!!

      It was a lovely surprise and made my day to bump into S. We have exchanged email addresses so will be able to keep in touch in the future.

      Delete
  3. I like when The Universe gifts us with happy surprises, you probably needed that visit with an old friend more than the photos. I'm a believer that if you are sick, stay home, don't spread. Enjoy your recovery day(s) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bumping into S cheered me up. I can assure you that I am making the most of my sick day 😂😂

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon and enjoy your day of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. The headache has gone and I am enjoying my day of leisure x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts