A Busy Start to the Week

Despite plans for a busy day, Monday morning was cancelled. After another disturbed night due to the storm I could feel the start of a migraine so took the prescription medication, sent texts to cancel my morning plans and settled back in bed. I eventually woke after 11 o'clock with no sign of the migraine: I obviously timed it right and the meds did their job.

I was supposed to be meeting C for the handover so that is now rescheduled for Wednesday morning. I showered, dressed and had something to eat, and then used the time before the lessons started to deal with emails and messages. A local organisation dealing with autistic adults is asking for donations of craft and hobby items so I've sent a list of things they can have. If they are interested, that'll remove another load of things from the house. Some of these things were not part of the original decluttering project but are items that I know I no longer want so I'm happy to let them go to a good cause.

The lessons went well. It's coming up to half term so I tested their progress in the form of a Quest, where they had to choose envelopes containing musical tasks (testing theory, technique and playing). They had to complete a series of tasks to complete the quest. They all seemed to enjoy it and, more importantly, it has highlighted the areas for focusing on next.

The handyman came to quote for all the jobs I want done but he was too early and turned up while I was still teaching. He said he'd come back later but then emailed to reschedule for today (Tuesday).

Then the evening was spent at choir. I almost didn't go because of the weather but gave myself a good talking to ... if you let the British weather stop you, you'll never do anything! This was the Valentine's Day practice so we were asked to wear red or pink. Those who did, myself included, were give a small gift  ... a packet of love heart sweets and a cupcake each. The director of the choir also runs her own baking business, hence the homemade cupcakes ...



I may have eaten the love hearts straight away! We continued to work on Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World and The Journey, and started learning Better Place. 

I hadn't eaten much during the day so treated myself to a Chinese takeaway after choir. I knew I wouldn't want to cook when I got home and, as I was parked immediately in front of the takeaway, it seemed rude not to! I don't plan to make a habit of this though.

Back at home and in the warm and dry, I settled down with my meal and book. I'm trying to break the habit of turning the TV on and just watching any old thing as that's one of the reasons why I lapse into doing, or trying to do, other things at the same time, which inevitably leads to not doing anything properly and a resulting feeling of dissatisfaction.

From a bad start it ended up being a good day. I had an early-ish night and slept well, waking this morning feeling bright and ready to go ... it's mah jong this morning and teaching this afternoon, with hopefully a couple of successful sales of items in between. I've had responses to recent adverts so am keeping my fingers crossed. I also need to work around the rescheduled handyman visit.

Comments

  1. It sounds a wonderful day and I'm very glad you were able to stop the migraine in its tracks. Today sounds pretty busy too so I hope it all goes really well for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, apart from the poorly bit, was exactly how I want some of my days to be. Things are feeling right and I am content with my lot. You'd have loved the choir practice ... the harmonies in the new song are a delight.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that cupcake looks so pretty!

    I'm glad you were able to catch the migraine in time and take the medicine before it became full blown! Glad the extra sleep helped, even if it meant having to reschedule your morning. Being able to go to the choir and treating yourself to some Chinese take out, afterwards, was a good thing. Why am I suddenly craving Chinese food and cupcakes? LOL.

    Hope you enjoy the mah jong playing, tomorrow (or, rather, today!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the medication works, it works well but the timing is everything. If the migraine is too advanced it's better to let it run the course. Luckily that wasn't the case this time.

      I loved the mah jong playing this morning so it's something to look forward to every other Tuesday.

      Delete
  3. Pretty cupcake. Yeah to medications! Mr Man plays online mah jong, not sure if live in person mah jong would be the same. Fingers crossed those sales go through & the quote from handyman is reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted as good as it looked!

      The game we played is sort of like the card game called rummy. This is available online but Mr Man may be playing mah Jong solitaire which is like a pairs matching game.

      Delete
  4. You live a busy life! I'm glad your day got better. And a cupcake! So tasty-looking :) The Chinese takeaway sounds delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People often say my life is busy but I never think it is. I am trying to slow down and be more sensible about my choices now.

      The Chinese meal was tasty and the cupcake was absolutely delicious.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts