Lifestyle Goals | Monthly Review for February 2020

Here is my update for February, stating my goals and the bullet-pointed task list that I'll tackle during the month to help achieve the goal. Last month's ratings are shown in black and the start of the current month is shown in yellow.

My goal is to achieve a lifestyle where I can honestly say that I LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE [7][8.5]To achieve this I want to focus on the sub-goals shown in bold text. 

These are the sub-goals where I have achieved the maximum rating. Each sub-goal still requires a degree of effort to maintain that rating but I feel I have developed the habits to support this.
  • I am financially secure and am completely debt free [10][10]
  • I take an active role in my local community, and have strong bonds with family and friends [10][10]
  • My home is always clean and tidy [10][10]
  • I have a positive outlook on life and am benefiting by avoiding bouts of depression and keeping my emotional well being at a healthy level [10][10]
  • I eat sensibly and healthily and am benefiting by losing weight and experiencing increased energy levels [10][10] 

I have revised my ratings on the following sub-goals:
  • I strive to remove my attachment to material things [7.5][8.5] I have made good progress during February, disposing of the audio and video equipment, as well as numerous books, games, and craft items. More importantly I realise that my feelings about the ownership of so many items has changed and I am finding it much easier to let things go. I can see the results of my efforts in terms of cleared spaces from the decluttering, and I feel much 'lighter' as a result.
  • I make best use of my time to lead a full and productive life [7][8] I've started to follow a better routine through the week which has helped and, unusually for me, I haven't been procrastinating about getting things done. 
  • I live life now, in the moment [6][7] As the month has progressed I've made significant progress in focusing on a single task/activity and trying to get the most from it. It doesn't always work but I am getting better at it and as a result I have experience a marked increase in satisfaction/enjoyment levels when my focus has been on enjoying the moment.

The ratings haven't changed for the following sub goals and are the ones that require improvement. 

  • My garden is always tidy and presentable [8][8]
  • I lead an active life, benefiting from increased fitness and improvements in my general health [8][8] 

My focus word for 2020 is simplify and I am starting by working my way through the house to remove excess, unused, and unwanted items. My SMART tasks (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely) are all to do with simplifying life: 

My SMART tasks for February are:
  1. Meal plan for the next four weeks - by February 7th 2020 - ACHIEVED
  2. Spring clean the living room - by February 29th 2020 - ACHIEVED
  3. Reorganise the cupboards in the playroom - by February 29th 2020 - ACHIEVED
  4. Declutter five items - by February 29th 2020 - ACHIEVED, 52 items sold, 2 car loads to the skip, 50+ items to the autism charity and 20+ items to the charity shop
  5. Source a gardener and prepare one area of the back garden - by February 29th 2020 - 50% SUCCESSFUL. I haven't found anyone to do the gardening for me but have found a couple of people who will advise what needs to be done and how to do it, and have also sourced a series of 'gardening how to' workshops close to home. I did clear two pots though!

My SMART tasks for March are:
  1. Meal plan and bulk cook, taking account of the transition to the new style eating plan - by March 31st 2020
  2. Complete weeks 2 - 5 of Bless' cleaning rotation - by March 28th 2020
  3. Reorganise the cupboards in the music room by March 31st 2020
  4. Advertise remaining items for sale - by March 31st 2020
  5. Review January and February spending - by March 31st 2020

Comments

  1. Wow seems like you achieved a lot of your goals. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I usually struggle in February but this year was an exception and I managed to get a lot done.

      Delete
  2. Well done you! It's been a most successful month, hasn't it, so give yourself a well deserved pat on the back!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Yes it was a successful month and I may be feeling a bit smug about it 😁

      Delete
  3. I think most of us would like to achieve these goals. You've made me think about the best use of time. Well done and good luck with the gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. I'm still looking for someone to do the heavier garden work for me so fingers crossed that I can get that sorted.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous. February can be a hard month, but you've done brilliantly. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril. I don't know what spurred me on this month but something did ... let's hope it continues through March as well.

      Delete
  5. You did really well, Eileen! Look at all those ratings! You are at maximum on several and you either raised or maintained the others! Well done! I am most impressed with your decluttering achievements! I hope to have numbers like that, one day (maybe when I get to my garage!)

    I like your March goals, too, and hope you make good progress on those, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I think that in a few more months, assuming profess continues at the same rate, I will be able to add a couple more sub goals to focus on.

      March will be an interesting month as, if all goes to plan, I will complete the big decluttering project. I won't know what to do with all the extra time!

      Delete
    2. that should say ... progress continues ...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts