Accounting, Relaxing and a Night at the Theatre

Yesterday's best bit was meeting Baby P. She is absolutely adorable and I love her to bits. She's such a pretty little thing with lots of very dark brown hair. I can't wait to see her again. 

I'm off out soon to help C with the band accounts but I don't have any plans at all for this afternoon so will snuggle up in the warm and indulge in an afternoon of reading and doing as little as possible.

This evening I am going to The Arc, the local theatre, with J to watch 'Rent'. J mentioned this yesterday so tickets were purchased and we'll see what it's all about. I don't even know if the performance is by a professional touring company or one of the local amateur groups but I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves.

The thing I'd forgotten yesterday was a telephone consultation with the surgery. Following on from this conversation I need to rethink how I go about reducing carbohydrates in my diet, opting for a more gradual change than I was planning and will need to keep an eye on my BP. I also need to address not just reducing carbs but increasing fats and proteins at the same time. I want to do more research so am aiming to start at the beginning of March.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you have a nicely balanced day planned - a busy morning, a restful afternoon, and a fun evening! Glad you were able to have the phone consultation and have a better idea about how to change your eating habits. Hope you have a good day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely time yesterday, just the right balance. I'll have to rethink my menus as it's the increasing the protein that's the most important but also the biggest challenge for me.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to get a new little member of the family hope you get to see her again soon. Hope you had a lovely time at the theatre. Rent is not a show I have seen but I think it would be one I would like to see.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only knew one of the songs in Rent and the show wasn't quite what I was expecting but I really enjoyed it. It's worth seeing if you the ever get the chance.

      Delete
  3. Catching up ... you have had some lovely days & your plans for today sound like a great mix of the "to do", the "want to". Hopefully the meeting to review the band's accounting is now/will be done. Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The accounting didn't go too well but the rest of the day made up for it! It's been a good week so far.

      Delete
  4. Babies are such sweetnesses :) I've heard of "Rent" but have never seen it. It sounds like an interesting play. I look forward to hearing how you manage your food plan. Increasing protein was the hardest part for me, but as I get older it's an important consideration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the protein part I'm struggling with. I will have time today (Friday) to do a little research on it and will probably do a post about it when I know what I'm doing! Rent was very different from anything I've watched recently but I really enjoyed it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts