Wednesday

Yesterday didn't quite go according to plan. We've had to reschedule the treasurer handover to next week as C is in the middle of a crisis concerning her 93 year old mum, which obviously takes priority. Then I received notification that the print I ordered, due today, has been delayed and will not arrive until the 14th. 

I did have a reasonably productive afternoon though, fitting in some telephone calls and making good progress with the meal planning. I'm trying to add a bigger variety of meals so spent some time looking for new recipes. I also contacted a local handyman and asked him to let me know how much he'll charge for the list of jobs I'd like done in the near future. In the evening I went to see the live screening of Kinky Boots ... brilliant!

This morning is set aside for sorting through a couple of boxes. I can't think what's in them so don't know if I'll have time to finish the task or not. I'm meeting S for coffee this afternoon and this evening am going to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, the Tom Hanks film, with L and hopefully J as well. 

My membership of the U3A has been confirmed so I hope to find time to contact a couple of the leaders to see if I can join their groups. If not, it's top of the list for tomorrow.

Comments

  1. It sounds a very worthwhile day, despite the change of plans.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still got a lot done even if the handover of the bank finances and the delivery of the print you ordered were delayed. Sounds like you have another fun day planned, today. Hope you enjoy the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a live screening of Kinky Boots, not the movie! We often go & see living streaming concerts, especially ballet. It is such a great way to attend without the actual traveling & costs. I do hope C's Mum will be alright. Yes family first. I hear that Tom Hanks is brilliant (isn't he always?) in A Beautiful Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorting through boxes can actually be fun, especially if you've forgotten what's in them, and I hope there's some fun in that task for you :) Congrats on your new membership, and I trust you'll find some enjoyable new opportunities :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts