Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chats with friends and family
  • a fun photo session with Misses C & H
  • attending the online RootsTech conference
  • appreciating the warmer days
  • getting outside for a couple of walks
  • listening to CDs I haven't played in years ... and still enjoying them
  • enjoying a selection of toasted sandwiches, cooked to perfection using my new microwave grill
  • receiving a couple of thank you cards
  • signing up for some more online talks
  • a long doorstep chat with a neighbour
  • playing a couple of the HP piano pieces (sort of ... needs practice!) 

I am grateful ...
  • for ongoing offers of help
  • for a safe and happy home
  • for online ordering and deliveries
  • prescription medication

Lifestyle Changes
  • Exercise (30 mins minimum every day): achieved 6 days out of 7
  • Weight: 1 lb loss

Comments

  1. Sounds like you've had a very good week and the sun is shining for a change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun has helped to keep my spirits up 😊

      Delete
  2. A lovely week and so many reasons to be cheerful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel less stressed for some reason. It has been a good week xx

      Delete
  3. I really liked your reasons for being cheerful and thankful, this week! Well done on the Life Style changes, too! I think that getting your first dose of the vaccination, too, has played a part in your feeling better about things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I've noticed a change in my friends, who've also had the vaccine, and they all seem to be feeling more upbeat. The vaccine has introduced that little bit of hope that there will be an end to the current situation.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful week, Eileen.

    Here’s to another wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. It has been a good week and now we have another week of sunny weather to enjoy ... that helps keep me feeling positive.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on meeting your weight loss goal. Toasted sandwiches sound like a good idea :) I allow one day off a week for exercise to allow for a resting day. Even on that day, though, I tend to do some yoga or stretching or some such. I'm still enjoying the walking videos as a way to get in 30 minutes of cardio a day. I'm so grateful for so many online resources!

    I trust the coming week will go as well for you as the last one did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love toasted sandwiches but they could also be my downfall with the weight loss so I'll have to be sensible!

      I'm focusing on walking as my activity for the time being. I find it easier to manage any strain on my knee when walking but following today's diabetes course, I may add in a bit of yoga as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts