The Simple Woman's Daybook - 12th February 2021

FOR TODAY - FRIDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2021


Outside my window ... it's cold and drab but we are promised some sun later on.

I am thinking ... about the garden and how I'd like it to evolve. This year's growing season will still be about getting some of the structural plants in position so I've been browsing through all of the plant catalogues and will soon be ready to discuss my choices with M (my gardener).

I am thankful ... that the recent migraine wasn't as severe as it could have been. I still feel fragile but should be up to eating a proper meal today which will help me feel more human again! I was overdue for a full blown migraine so I'm confident it wasn't triggered by the dietary changes I've been making.

In the kitchen ... I have planned all of March's meals and have booked a supermarket delivery for March 1st. That's later than I really wanted but is the earliest I could get so it means I won't be able to do much bulk cooking ahead of implementing the plan in March. It's not a major problem and just means that the first week of March will see a lot of cooking to restock the freezer meals.

I am wearing ... a blue fluffy dressing gown - I haven't dragged myself out of bed yet!

I am creating ... a revised plan for part of the back garden which I'll post about once I have a clear idea of what I want.

I am going ... to finish watching the rest of the Harry Potter films over the weekend. I'm debating what to watch once I've finished them and at the moment, watching all the Marvel films in order is winning.

I am wondering ... when I will be invited to have the Covid vaccine. My SiL, who's a year older than me and registered with the same surgery, will have her's today so it shouldn't be too long now.

I am reading ... a collection of memoirs, all written by people who grew up in my home town. I recognise some of the names and it's triggering long forgotten memories ... a thoroughly pleasant read.


I am watching ... quite a lot of TV lately: The Great Pottery Throw Down, Would I Lie To You, The Masked Singer, Dancing on Ice, The Repair Shop, Long Lost Family UK, Only Connect, House of Games, and Question of Sport. It all helps pass the time!

I am hoping ... to arrange another family history presentation to my family. The previous one was a success and I'm getting a few hints that they'd like to hear some more. Last time I talked about my maternal grandmother's line and this one with be my maternal grandfather's line. I still have quite a lot of work to do on it but I appreciate the interest of the others so will aim for a mid March date.

I am looking forward to ... my weekly chat with J. It was originally arranged for Wednesday but postponed to this afternoon because I wasn't feeling well.

I am learning ... Italian - not exactly news as I started this back in April 2020 but I plateaued for a while, needing to work on really understanding what I'd learnt so far and now I am moving forward again. I postponed looking for opportunities for conversation with an Italian speaker until later in the year but may revisit that decision now I have a better grasp of the basics.

Around the house ...  it's clean and tidy. Somehow the housework gets done even though it's not my favourite way to spend my time and I can always find something better to do! I'll be starting on a cycle of deep cleaning next week, starting with the spare bedroom which is in danger of turning into a dumping ground even though there is plenty of cupboard space to put everything away properly.  

I am pondering ... on ideas for trips once it is safe to do so. I want to see the sea again - that's number one on the list!

One of my favourite things ... laughter

A few plans for the rest of the week ... 
  • Saturday - watching one or two of the Harry Potter films
  • Sunday - watching the rest of the Harry Potter films
  • Monday - the 2nd session of the Diabetes Prevention course, and choir in the evening 
  • Tuesday - an online talk - 'My Noble Relatives & Other Tall Stories', 
  • Wednesday - a phone call with J,
  • Thursday - the lunch time lecture by The Churches Conservation Trust
  • Friday - a musical offering on BBC iPlayer - Musicals: The Greatest Show
A peek into my day ... I'm still feeling rather fragile after the migraine so I don't plan to do much at all today. I'll try to phone L because I missed her call yesterday and will phone J this afternoon but that's about it. 

A quote for today ... "A goal without a plan is just a wish.", Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comments

  1. Glad to read that you are recovering from the migraine. I fully agree with the plans to take it easy. I hope you have a fun day and enjoy chatting with your friends and watching movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. So far today (it's midday) all I've wanted to do is sleep so I'm definitely doing the extreme version of taking it easy! I'll hopefully speak to my friends later this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Migraines are so debilitating, I feel sorry that you are a sufferer as I used to get them too. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. They are generally much shorter lived than they used to be but still a bit of an ordeal. Never mind, I'm over this one xx

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is lovely - please may I borrow it?
    I'm glad the migraine wasn't as bad is it used to be. Mum used to get them and they knocked her out for days. Most debilitating.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recovery takes longer than the migraine itself!

      The Simple Woman's Daybook is organised by Peggy - the link is at the end of my post and if you go to Peggy's blog via that link she explains her guidelines for joining in.

      Delete
  4. Lots of possible things for today, but yes, a slow flexible day to allow for recovery. We have started to watch The Repair Shop (we like it). I am looking forward to the start of Belgravia this weekend along with CNN's Sunday special series hosted by Stanley Tucci "Searching Italy" (or it could be Searching For Italy) It's all about the foods of Italy. Happy Weekend, happy garden planning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like The Repair Shop. I love all the stories behind the items they repair. I haven't seen Belgravia so will be interested to hear what you think of it.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the migraine wasn't as bad as you thought it might be. It's been so long since I last saw the Harry Potter movies. It might just be time to revisit them. Congrats on the housework. I still can't get that up to the level of getting it done regularly *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The housework is happening somehow but I'm not examining the 'how' too closely in case I mess up my system-that-I-didn't-know-I-had. Leave well alone I think!

      Definitely a big yes to revisiting the HP films 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts