Thursday

Yesterday ended up being all over the place but despite that there were are a couple of highlights. Best of all is the news that the blood test was negative for Lyme disease, which was the result I was expecting but it's still a relief to have it confirmed. 

I waited so long for the telephone call from the surgery that I didn't get to the farm shop, which may be for the best. I spoke to H later in the afternoon and he said he turned round and came straight home because when he drove into the carpark there was a long line of people queueing outside the barn. I try one of the supermarkets in town after I've had my vaccination this morning.

While I was waiting for the phone call I tuned in to a Care Vision online Q&A session with a qualified nutritionist, more for something to do rather than looking for specific information. It turned out to be a good move. This was an introductory session to a new series running twice a week about nutrition for health. The Wednesday session will be run as a club type interactive group providing tips, recipes, ideas for tiny changes in nutrition that'll make a difference. Each Friday session will be an in depth look at nutritional advice for a specific health condition. The series starts on March 8th and I plan to join in with the Wednesday sessions plus any of the Friday sessions which relate to my own health issues. I think this is one of those happy surprises, finding exactly what I need at exactly the right time.

So today ... the biggie is getting my first Covid vaccination. As long as I get that done I'll be happy!

Comments

  1. Good news on the test result. The online course with a nutritionist sounds a really good idea with a lot of information to gain for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relieved it was a negative result as I have enough health issues without adding another one!😊

      I think the nutrition clubs will be interesting and hopefully useful.

      Delete
  2. Having your COVID jab, I am sure, will give a feeling of relief along with those feelings of hope; hope that there is an end in sight of lockdown, restrictions & horrible daily statistics. Your online health help was indeed a lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all done! The statistics over here are improving but we have to hope the government don't cave in and end lockdown too soon.

      The nutrition club will be a fun and interesting way of re-educating myself if it lives up to the initial promise.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the jab. That's a real biggie for us all right now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been jabbed and so far no nasty side effects but the doctor suggested it's more likely to be tonight or tomorrow if I do experience anything. I had the Pfizer vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had the good surprise on the video and the confirmation of no bad surprises on the test result. Lyme Disease is really difficult to treat based on the horror stories I have heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyme disease is awful so I am thankful to be spared that. The nutrition for health meetups will hopefully highlight things I can do to improve my general health rather than just focusing on diabetes prevention.

      Delete
  6. Yay! You've had your first jab! I hope the side effects, if any, will be minimal. Were you told to take something like Panadol if you feel any discomfort?

    Good results on the Lyme Disease test, too! Wonder why the bite site showed the reddening so many months later, though.

    The nutrition sessions was a good find and will be helpful, I think.

    I hope you have a restful rest of the day, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far there are no side effects. My sister and BiL had the same vaccine and they've both been fine. The doctor said I can take paracetamol if needed but not my migraine prescription.

      The bullseye mark around the bite has faded again. My doctor didn't know why it appeared after so many months.

      The nutrition meetups will be very useful. I'm looking forward to them starting next month.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you got a good result on the Lyme test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I was expecting but still a relief to get that confirmation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts