Me on Monday

Me on Monday is anticipating a busy day ...

... making a start on the housework first thing, dusting and hoovering through every room, changing and laundering the bed sheets, and cleaning the en-suite.

... attending the first diabetes prevention session at midday. I received my personal action plan yesterday via email, which seems to be a blank copy of the document I completed over the phone on Friday, so I now have to go through it again which is a bit annoying. It doesn't give any indications of what will happen in any of the sessions though. 

... reviewing my meal plan and bulk cooking based on the information given in the diabetes prevention session. On Saturday I tried to book a food order for delivery in three weeks time but there was only a cancellation for one slot on Sunday (yesterday) so I put together a quick order and accepted that slot. It's much earlier than I needed but I have been able to stock up on fruit and veg, some bread, and tinned/packet basics for the cupboard. The butternut squash and sweet potato both need to be used today so I'll cook up either a chilli or a soup once the diabetes session is finished. I also have an abundance of carrots ... they sent 3kg instead or the 3 I ordered but said I can keep the extra and they have refunded the money. I just have to decided what to do with them!

... joining in with an online stretching and strengthening class this afternoon which, at 45 minutes long,  will be my main exercise for the day. I've also recharged my Fitbit and am attempting to add an additional 2,000 steps to my usual total.

... preparing for choir practice tonight. We're starting on ABBA's 'The Winner Takes It All' tonight which should be fun.

Comments

  1. Carrots aplenty! You could make Carrot and Red lentil soup. My current favourite. Cooks very quickly and is lovely and warming. Grated carrot bulks up bolognaise sauce, chilli etc. I add it to meals to sneak in some veg, I live with a veggie sceptic!! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions. I have all the ingredients for carrot and red lentil soup so will definitely make a batch of that and will try some roasted carrot and rosemary soup as well. I think tomorrow will be a carrot cooking day!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a busy day. Today we are cleaning out the frig, which seems to suddenly accumulated an awful lot of half filled containers. We eat a lot of carrots in this house - it's my favourite vegetable. What a delightful way to end your day with choir practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually prefer raw carrot and when it's cooked like it to be in soups or stews. Choir practice starts in a few minutes and I can't wait ... it's been a busy day and I need to relax!

      Delete
  3. It does sound like a full day. Hubby wants to make February spring cleaning month around here, and mentioned moving furniture and even dusting crown molding. It's nice that he brought it up instead of me having to ask for help with that type stuff - which honestly I haven't done in several years. It would be nice to have it behind us so that we are free to travel once that is again the norm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great time to get on with the spring cleaning while we're all stuck at home. Good luck if you so decide to do it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Eileen,
    Your day was very well planned.
    We really have to take care of our health and physical exercise is good.
    Household chores are a good way to stay in shape.
    I did Friday and Saturday;)) !!
    Today I walked about 3000 steps, half an hour.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do many steps today but did complete most of an exercise class so I'm counting that as a win!

      Delete
  5. Monday's a laundry day here, too. I tend to avoid vacuuming, and maybe pairing it with laundry would work... I look forward to hearing what your diabetes prevention sessions are like and what they recommend.

    I like carrots by themselves roasted. It's good they refunded your money. Businesses can be stubborn about that.

    Enjoy your busy day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good at refunding money when necessary and because of Covid, you are allowed to keep the goods and get a full refund. I'll probably do some carrot oven chips and maybe some carrot mash as well as the soups I mentioned in an earlier response.

      I'll write about the prevention session in tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a busy day has been planned! I had to laugh about your 3 kg of carrots and my single okra! :D Isn't online ordering fun? I like to add carrots to my stir-fries and I add grated carrots to my ground meat to extend the meat. I once made carrot jam but, unless you really, really like the taste of carrots, it's not something I'd recommend! There's carrot cake, too, but, you probably don't want to make cakes, right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to make cakes but am fighting the urge! I haven't finally decided what to cook but will use the majority up tomorrow and some will be grated to bulk out the mince. I'll pass on the carrot jam if you don't mind, but thanks for the ideas. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts