Friday

It's Day 2 of RootsTech so guess what I'm doing today. I stupidly confused myself yesterday by failing to remember that the times on the schedule I was following were EST, not GMT, but I did get to see the two talks I wanted to see. Today I'm focusing on the workshops and information videos dealing with various aspects of genealogy research, in particular understanding the records available in the USA as that's where I need to take some of my research next. 

I'll be going out for a while this afternoon but not until after 3pm. That's when Misses C & H finish their at-home school lessons for the day and I will be able to borrow them to model (in their front garden) for some of the photos I have in mind for my monthly photo challenge. I will pay them in chocolate! That shouldn't take long and once I've finished there I will check out their local shop and pick up some bit and pieces if it's not too busy.

I'm slightly confused about the UK roadmap for moving out of lockdown. I know it's not in force yet and that lockdown continues for another month but has anyone worked out when we will be able to visit places outside of our local area? I'm trying to work out when I will be able to go to the coast.

Comments

  1. I think I would have made the same mistake as you did with the times. I've just remembered I had an email about the conference but didn't register as I've put my research on hold since last year. I'm sure the two young ladies will be very happy with their wages for posing for your photos, now I'm intrigued. I can't help you with your query about the easing of lockdown as different rules apply here in Wales although I expect we'll still have to stay local.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd make that mistake! I've enjoyed the conference so far so if it's still online next year I'd recommend having a look.

      Delete
  2. I reckon it's 12 April for trips to the coast. I get a newsletter from our council and that says it's 'stay local, minimise travel' at 29 March, but from 12 April overnight stays are allowed, so day trips must be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had another look at the information published so far and I think you're right. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that you were still able to watch the two talks you were interested in, even with the mix up with the times. Hope today's workshops and videos are informative and helpful. Have fun with your photography session! I'm sure the Misses C and H will enjoy both posing and receiving their modeling fees in chocolate! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed the conference so far and have picked up some useful information and ideas. Tomorrow, sadly, is the final day.

      The girls were brilliant and had loads of ideas - without their help I wouldn't have very many photos at all. Oh yes, they loved the chocolate 😏

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts