Me on Monday

Me on Monday is feeling contented and ...

... looking forward to quite a few things this week:

  • choir practice tonight, guaranteed to be good fun!
  • an online talk about transportation - "Sentenced to Beyond the Seas" tomorrow afternoon
  • WhatsApp calls with L and with J, and a Zoom meet with P, L and E, all happening throughout the day on Wednesday
  • RootsTech online conference throughout the days on Thursday, Friday and Saturday 

... eager to open the parcels I've received but have put into quarantine. One is a Harry Potter piano music book which I can open tomorrow and the other is one of my treat myself purchases which arrived yesterday (even though I didn't pay for next day delivery), so that's got a few days to go yet!

... resigned to doing some housework today!

... tweaking my March meal plan to make the transition to my new way of eating much simpler. It's currently very reliant on a good supply of fresh vegetables but I still haven't got my head around how I am going to achieve that without stressing so the March plan will end up being a workable compromise. Once that's done I will ...

... finalise my next food order. It's not due until March 1st so I still have plenty of time but would like to get it done sooner rather than later.

... monitoring my meals and reasons for eating, etc. today. This is one of the tasks set at the last diabetes prevention session so it'll be good to have that done and out of the way, ready for the third session next Monday.

Comments

  1. You do sound content and positive as you look forward to the week's activities. Hope you enjoy playing the songs in the HP music book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely feeling more upbeat today. Even though every activity is online, it's still so good to have plenty to look forward to.

      I've set aside tomorrow morning to get started on the HP music 🎶🎶

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to start the week with a positive feel. I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jane. I have lots to look forward to plus the added bonus of some dry days and the possibility if fitting in some local walks.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have a wonderfully full week on which to look forward. I can get out tomorrow for my annual eye doctor appointment. Who knew COVID would actually make me look forward to routine doctor appointments. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have lots planned for this week but all stay at home activities. Enjoy your opportunity to go out, even if it is for a medical reason. As you say, how life has changed!

      Delete
  4. You have lots to look forward to this coming week. I agree with Susanne's comment above, I'm having an infusion today and hubby has his Covid jab later this week, this is as exciting as it gets these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope your infusion goes smoothly today an that your husband doesn't have any nasty side effects after his jab. It'll be interesting to hear Boris' plans (for releasing lockdown) this evening, so we can all have more in our lives to look forward to.

      Delete
  5. That sounds a really fun treat, the Harry Potter Music. The talk about "Sentenced Beyond the Seas" sounds like an interesting topic. Who knew then, that trips to Australia are on so many people's bucket lists, now. What turned punishment into pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to everything this weekend ... enough of a variety/challenge to keep me out of mischief! The whole subject of transportation fascinates me, although I think I may be one of the minority who doesn't have Australia on my bucket list!

      Delete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    I hope your plans will work out as you think and plan.
    Everything will work out.
    Grilled meat or fish accompanied by vegetables is one of the options that I do most often. It's good and healthy.
    I wish you a good week.
    Hugs
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ailime. I quite often bake meat or fish with veg but could grill to make a nice change. Thanks for the suggestion.

      I hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good beginning to the week! I hope your week goes well and to plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I hope you have a great week too xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts