Weekly Reflections

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • finally finding an elusive ancestor in my family tree 
  • chats with friends and family
  • taking part in a Harry Potter quiz
  • hearing that family members have either had their first dose of the vaccine or will have it this week
  • managing to book a supermarket delivery
  • reading the memoirs of people who grew up in my home town and remembering long forgotten people, places, and events
  • rewatching the Harry Potter films

I am grateful ...
  • that the recent migraine wasn't as long lasting or painful as some have been
  • for prescription medications

Lifestyle Changes
  • Exercise (30 mins minimum every day): let's forget about this week. I started well but haven't exercised since the migraine reared its ugly head.
  • Weight: no change

Comments

  1. Isn't that a wonderful feeling when you find that ancestor you have been searching for. I'm glad you are feeling better and the migraine was not as bad as it could have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I've been searching for details of this particular person for months and months, thinking that I'd never find her. I almost can't believe I've finally tracked her down but it is, as you say, a wonderful feeling ☺️

      Delete
  2. Well done for pinning down that ancestor (not literally!). It must be such a satisfying feeling.
    As always, a lovely, cheering, Sunday blog. Thanks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been celebrations on finding that ancestor, plus it opens up another area to research. ☺️

      Delete
  3. Lots of good reasons to be cheerful and grateful. Glad you found your elusive ancestor! Hope next week will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good week despite feeling ill for half the time. Finding this ancestor has opened quite a few possibilities for additional research, not that I'm complaining at all ... it'll keep me out of mischief!

      Delete
  4. So many reasons to be cheerful and I'm glad you are over your migraine. I must get back to doing my own family tree as I had to let my research lapse last year. It's so satisfying to find those elusive ancestors, well done to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding that the research is an ideal way to occupy my time during lockdown although, of course, I haven't had the serious health issues that you have been dealing with. Every piece of information I add is celebrated but finding this one person has given me the push I needed to start extending my search outside of the UK ... plus we all had a bit of a family Zoom party when I announced the discovery.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts