Weekly Reflections

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chats with friends and family
  • gaining some useful information on the diabetes prevention course
  • receiving my first Covid vaccination plus the knowledge that my siblings, one niece with health issues and close friends have also received their first jabs
  • receiving a video of Baby P who is now walking unaided ... there'll be no stopping her now!
  • discovering a new online nutrition group
  • shopping in person, and 
  • picking up a couple of yellow sticker bargains
  • indulging in some online retail therapy
  • looking forward to the annual RootsTech conference next week (family history)
  • our next new song at choir is an arrangement of The Beatles' 'Yesterday' - I love the harmonies in this one!

I am grateful ...
  • to be blessed by all I have in my life ...
















Lifestyle Changes
  • Exercise (30 mins minimum every day): achieved, but half-heartedly!
  • Weight: 1 lb loss

Comments

  1. So glad you were able to get your first jab! My husband's older relatives have all had theirs - including their second ones. Unfortunately Mum caught it so will have to wait for hers. I am (impatiently) waiting for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. It's a relief to get it not that it makes any difference to how I am living as we are still in lockdown. I won't have my second one until May now.
      I hope your Mum's recovery continues and that she is soon well enough to have hers.

      Delete
  2. I like that quote you've posted! I also like all your reasons to be cheerful and well done on the lifestyle changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the quote on Facebook. It puts things into perspective for me.

      I'm surprised to have lost any weight this week as I am still eating up the foods that don't quite fit with my new eating plan.

      Delete
  3. I love the quote too, may I pinch it to put on my desktop? I feel blessed too. The RootsTech conference sounds interesting, I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course. There are lots of version of the quote available, some with much prettier backgrounds which you may prefer.

      The RootTech conference is free to all and runs over three days next week. I still have to decide which sessions I want to attend, but I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on continuing to achieve the weight loss goal! Exercise done half-heartedly is still exercise done ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm pleased about the steady weight loss and somehow need to find ways of exercising that I really enjoy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts