Saturday

Yesterday turned out to be a jimjam day. I managed a bit of bumbling around feeling busy but achieving very little really, although I did tidy up the kitchen freezer to make room for next week's food from the garage freezer. Whatever was nagging away at the back of my mind is still a mystery - nothing obvious happened yesterday to trigger a light bulb moment so I am putting it out of my mind.

I haven't experienced any major side effects from the Covid vaccination. There was very minor swelling and tenderness around the injection site last night but that had disappeared by this morning so all is good on that front.

I have no plans for today. The forecast promises rain for the next four days so I will be looking for indoor activities and have been racking my brain to come up with something different to do, but with no success. I've decided that it's time for a bit of retail therapy, but shopping online this time. I've been keeping a list of things I need (and a couple of things I don't need but do want!) and have been reviewing the list from time to time, removing some items and adding others, so I think I have now removed all the items that would come under the heading of impulse buys. So, today will be focused on choosing all the goodies on my list ... time to treat myself!

Comments

  1. Definitely treat yourself. If you're anything like me I've spent hardly anything for a whole year apart from essentials. Great that you've had no side effects from your jab, me neither just a little tenderness at the injection site, nothing to complain about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only know of two people having side effects from the jab and both of them have auto-immune conditions. I had very little discomfort and didn't realise there was any tenderness until I tried to lie on that side when I went to bed!

      Retail therapy is underway and being enjoyed. Like you, I have spent very little money over this past year so a few treats can be enjoyed without guilt!

      Delete
  2. There are days when treating yourself a little really helps. I hope you have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some treats are needed just now and will help keep me going for a while longer. I hope you have a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you aren't feeling any side effects from the vaccine and are getting some treats for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased it went so smoothly with no side effects. The treats will be arriving over the next week or two, so it sort of spreads out the enjoyment 😊

      Delete
  4. Oh do enjoy the online shopping - that's a good balance if you get both necessary and discretionary items. If anybody doubts it, you tell them an accountant you know said that it was a very sound approach!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful that you are using your training to give such good advice. Everyone needs a friend like you 😊

      I am pleased to report that I thoroughly enjoyed my shopping experience!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad there were no side effects. My husband had one night chills with his first but nothing with the second and no-one else in his family have suffered any side effects from either jab except for the sore arm .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've been reading and from the experience of friends and family it seems that very few people are experiencing side effects, which is good news.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts