Saturday

It's still dark as I write this and I think it may be foggy but I want to get out for some fresh air today. I need to post a couple of cards, which means heading towards the marina so a stroll along the towpath will fit the bill providing the fog clears. If it doesn't, then a meander along the paths that criss-cross this part of the village will be a good alternative. 

I've discovered that the auction house and the reclamation yard that I'm hoping to use to dispose of the majority of the decluttered items have both now reopened so I can make a start on getting all of that sorted out. I don't intend to visit either of the sites in person (it's silly to take risks this close to having the vaccination) but I can start the process as both businesses now invite applications via email with accompanying photographs so that's my next mini project, starting with the items to send to auction ... another step closer to completion.

Today I'll carry on with printing out the last few recipes I've chosen. I'm dealing with losing the excess weight by calorie counting and am monitoring the daily calories using the MyFitnessPal app. This app allows you to import recipes and it will calculate the  calories per portion for you so I am also uploading all of my favourites. It's a bit tedious and time consuming but doing it now will actually save a lot of time in the long term and will help keep me on track. All the recipes I'm choosing at the moment are for weight loss so I may still have to make additional changes once I know what I'm supposed to be doing on the diabetes prevention side of things. 

As for the rest of the day, a couple more Harry Potter films, some reading, and an early night. 

Comments

  1. Calorie counting works, that's the bottom line. Yes, tedious to start with but after a while you just know and, as you say, it keeps you on track.
    Calorie knowledge is why I can 'bend' a few of the the SW rules happily! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worked for me before so I'm hoping I can stick with it. xx

      Delete
  2. My husband is a type 2 diabetic and a couple of years ago I went with him on a 6 week course arranged by the NHS. This is a link to the book they recommend. I think you can download it to your phone but I bought the hard copy, it's well worth having.
    https://www.carbsandcals.com/books/carb-calorie-counter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just ordered a copy. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
    2. You'll find it's an excellent book, so pleased I can help you.

      Delete
  3. I remember when I was a student nurse we had a ward sister who used to say to any patient who wanted to lose weight. Less calories in and move more and I know that makes it sound much more simple than it is actually is but I think the basic message is right really. Good luck with your calorie counting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's what my doctor says - at the end of the day it boils down to more calories out than calories in. I'm making a real effort to be more active and eat less, so I'm hoping this results in weight loss ... fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. It sounds to me like you are doing just about everything you can do to take control of your diet and weight loss, Eileen. Well done! Sounds like you will be busy getting everything ready to go to the auction house and reclamation yard! Another big step forward in your decluttering! Hope you have a lovely walk, today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I'm still trying to get the meal planning sorted out and I think that will be essential to any success.

      I have the majority of the decluttered items for auction in the music room where there isn't enough room to photograph them properly so will have to work out the best way to coordinate that - next week's job, I think!

      I've been out for my walk and it was chilly but good to be outside.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts