Wednesday

I didn't get round to any blog reading or commenting yesterday so I will be playing catch up later today. Things went wrong very early on and, even though I didn't feel ill to start with, I had to abandon my brekkie and go back to bed. I slept through until midday and thought I'd try a second attempt to eat something, which turned out to be more successful. It wasn't a migraine but I did have a headache and a general feeling of being unwell. I wonder if it was related in some way to the high winds that were battering the house all day.

I settled myself in the living room as I had booked to listen to an online talk about transportation, or so I thought, but I checked my ticket when the talk didn't start and realised that I had the date wrong - it's scheduled for March 23rd, not February, so I still have that to look forward to. I didn't have the energy to do much so I whiled away the afternoon watching afternoon TV (Tenable and Tipping Point), and reading.

Today I feel perfectly fine. I've arranged a couple of WhatsApp calls with L and with J so I will fit my other plans around those calls. I'd like to attempt some photos for the WPSH and my monthly challenge so will do that this morning as part of my walk, and then will take the car out later to pick up some more veggies (as long as the shop is relatively quiet). As long as I get those two things done I'll be happy.

If I do manage to get the veggies I want I'll be doing some more bulk cooking for the freezer this afternoon, ready for next month's meal plan - Sri Lankan Red Lentil Dhal, Shepherdess Pie, and Mushroom & Lentil (sausage) Rolls. Then this evening I'll do a load of washing and leave it dry on the rack overnight while I watch the previous series of McDonald and Dodds on ITV Hub, ready for the start of the new series on Sunday.

Comments

  1. It could have been air pressure, couldn't it. I'm glad it wasn't a migraine.
    The batch cooking sounds fantastic and delicious too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure it was related to the air pressure. The high winds were unrelenting and I was unable to relax at all.

      I've tried the dhal and love it - definitely a keeper.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better, today. I wonder if it was in reaction to the vaccine? I hope you are able to get your fresh produce and start your bulk cooking. I took a peek at the dhal recipe - it sounds delicious! It calls for tempering which I don't normally do (it's another step and I'm a lazy cook), but, it does add another layer of flavor to the dish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I don't think it was related to the vaccine, but most likely to do with the winds and air pressure.

      I made the dhal and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a lot richer than my usual recipe so will be nice for the occasional treat. I quite often do the tempering because of how it adds to the flavour.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that you are feeling better today & thank goodness not a migraine. We will give the car a round out today when we pick up on click & collect grocery order. I think I'm looking forward to the run out as much as the car is! I've done the opposite to you, I thought my online workshop was March 24th, it's tonight; "Stress Eating"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very relieved it didn't develop into a migraine! I went out early to get the bits of shopping but stupidly didn't write a list so forgot most of what I needed/wanted. I'll probably wait for the delivery on the 1st now.

      At least you realised the date before you missed it!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you weren't well yesterday Eileen but glad you have picked up today. I love the look of the Shepherdess Pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I don't usually bother with a recipe for the pie and just use what I have to hand but I saw this recipe during a recipe hunt and like the addition of butter beans, which I love but rarely use.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are feeling better. I was in the same boat as you, the side effects of my infusion on Monday made me so ill I'm only just feeling better and catching up with blogs this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are taller thank me. I am 5 feet short! I am spoiled because my husband cooks most of our meals. Somedays I will feel like I am coming down with something but it is usually because I have had a few days with no sleep. The wind gets to my sinuses and wind is coming in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts