Me on Monday

Me on Monday is ...

... juggling plans for today because I've stupidly double booked myself! The diabetes prevention course takes priority so I have to reschedule my appointment with a genealogist but as this is a freebie session it may be that I just have to miss out on the opportunity.

... hoping that this second session of the diabetes prevention course is better organised than the first one was. I've received the link and correct password to the booklet we should have had in the first session so I feel better prepared. I do hope there is more practical information this time.

... continuing with my family tree research. I'm on a roll and, now I have finally found the ancestor I'd been hunting for months, lots of her relatives are coming out of the woodwork.
 
... choosing my next book to read. After a good start to the year and getting ahead of my target of reading a book a week, I've lost momentum again and am now playing catch up. It seems that no matter how much I like the story I still struggle to want to finish the book - it's the complete opposite of how I used to be.  Grateful as I am for all the books my sister passed on to me, maybe it's time for me to make some of my own choices so I'll have a look online this afternoon.

... looking forward to choir tonight. According to the weekly email, we will be working on You Raise Me Up, Danny Boy, Rhythm of Life, and The Moon. 

... wondering whether it's time to swap Netflix for Disney+. I only want one of them and I've noticed that I'm not watching Netflix that often now so I'm paying for something I'm not using. 

Hope you all have a good day. It's definitely warmed up a little so I'm hopeful for some outdoor time this week.

Comments

  1. Oh, I hope you can reschedule the appointment with the genealogist! And I hope the diabetes prevention workshop will be better organized and worth rescheduling or foregoing the other appointment! Glad you have the choir night to look forward to. Danny Boy is one of my favorites! It was my stepfather's favorite and somehow became my signature song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I couldn't reschedule to genealogist but I'm attending the online RootsTech convention next week so hope to speak to someone as part of that.

      I love Danny Boy. I have lots of memories of singing that with the choir I sang in as a child.

      Delete
  2. That would be a shame to miss out a session with a genealogist and I hope you can reschedule. Do stick with the diabetes course it's just a shame it has to be online now. These course are very informative, I found the one I went to with my husband very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely stick with the diabetes course. I actually prefer the online option so that side of it is not a problem for me, but the inefficiency shown in the first session was. Today's was an improvement and after a slow start provided some useful information.

      I missed out on speaking to the genealogist but will hope to catch up at RootsTech next week.

      Delete
  3. Of all your plans, singing 'You Raise Me Up' would be my favourite!
    Have a good day. The rain is washing away all the snow here but it doesn't feel much warmer yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You Raise Me Up is a great song for raising your spirit! We haven't had any snow but the rain returned yesterday and it's drizzling today. Temperatures, though still cold, are rising steadily so I just need a dry patch to get out for a walk.

      Delete
  4. Glad to read that you are recovered from the migraine. Hopefully you can reschedule your appt. with the genealogist. Fingers crossed for a better diabetes session & a walk outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou. Sadly I can't reschedule the chat with the genealogist but will hopefully be able to sort one out next week at RootsTech (online). The diabetes session was much improved but rain has stopped play so no walk outside today!

      Delete
  5. I'm also glad you have the migraine behind you. It must be migraine season - I was in bed all day Thursday and all day yesterday with one - still feeling quite tender now but hope that's the end of it. On to what I actually came here to say: I love Danny Boy too. I have a lovely piano arrangement which I think I might play now before bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely migraine season and I feel for you. As a fellow sufferer I know just how long it can take to fully recover afterwards.

      I'm glad you have such good taste and love Danny Boy. It's such a beautiful - enjoy your piano playing x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts