Wednesday

Let's get the good news out of the way first. Yesterday I was contacted by my GP surgery to arrange the dates and times for my Covid vaccinations; I'll have the first dose tomorrow and the second one on May 6th. I'm so relieved to be given the dates as it feels like a huge step forward even though the reality is that it won't change how I'm living at all - we are still in lockdown and even when those rules are eventually relaxed I have no plans to make any immediate changes to my current situation.

In the afternoon I watched an online session, delivered by a professional genealogist, about how he had researched the truth in family stories about being related to famous people. I wasn't particularly interested in any of the stories but was hoping to pick up some tips on how I can improve my next family history presentation to my own family. I have noted a couple of ideas on how I can make it more interesting for the ones who are hearing the story for the first time - one idea is to include extracts from the certificates and registers relating to some of the key individuals, and the other thing I liked is the way he introduced each new generation, a bit difficult to explain but it's something I can adopt in my own presentation. 

On to today, and it's going to be a busy-ish day. This morning I want to continue with photographing the stuff to go to auction, and also get started on some of the photos for my monthly challenge.  I also need to start my car to make sure it's okay for an early start tomorrow morning. I'll combine that with a drive to the farm shop in Bradford on Avon to stock up on veg and fruit. It'll give the car a much needed run out, and give me some lovely fresh produce to liven up my meals.

This afternoon I'm expecting a telephone consultation with my doctor about the results of my last blood test for Lymes disease and then I hope to speak to J,  L, and my sister - all of them will have had their jabs by this afternoon and I want to see how they got on and how they are feeling.

And fitting in around all of that will be some exercise, reading, Italian practice, and hopefully some family tree research!

Comments

  1. I always think how great it is that usually you find something to take away from your research. I’m getting cheesed off with people I come across online who are always complaining about how difficult it is. Their pet complaints are......illegible writing, name changes as in reverse- eg. William James is sometimes both or William and often James. To me that’s the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look on genealogy research as puzzle solving and it's those things - illegible handwriting, odd abbreviations, name changes, etc. - which I really enjoy solving. The moaners irritate me. Of course there are difficult bits but as you say, that's the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Good news about your Covid jab. I wasn't given a date for my second jab just a timescale of eleven weeks and that I'd receive a letter. Your second jab seems to be about the same length of time to wait... that's without my working it out. That's how I see it too, a huge step forward but still being cautious about how we live life, I don't think the virus will ever disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the virus is part of life now and we'll have to be vaccinated regularly as we are with the flu. I just hope the lockdown continues long enough to be properly effective this time and give us all a chance if moving forward to something resembling a normal life.

      Delete
  3. That is good news about your Covid jab. I know just how you feel now I have received a date for mine. It won't alter day to day circumstances at the moment but psychologically it feels like a step forward. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that you have the date for yours. It's a relief isn't it.

      Delete
  4. Yeah X 1,000.000 to getting your COVID-19 vaccine. Will it be the Oxford-AstraZeneca one? I hope you enjoy your outing to Avon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet. My sister went to the same surgery today for her jab and had the Pfizer one so it'll probably be the same for me. I'm not too worried which one I get.

      I'm stuck at home waiting for the consultation with my doctor so if he doesn't phone soon the farm shop will be closed!

      Delete
  5. Hoorah for the vaccine! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's a step in the right direction 😊

      Delete
  6. Great news about your jab. It feels like another step on the road out of lockdown. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aril. It's an important milestone on the route back to normal life. xx

      Delete
  7. Oh, so glad to hear that you have an appointment for the vaccine! Hope it goes well. Sounds like a busy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I got a fair bit of it done so I'm pleased with how the day went.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts