Thursday

It's going to be a quiet day today. I didn't sleep well last night and feel completely drained as a result. Considering we're in lockdown there was an awful lot of noise and car doors slamming during the early hours and once I was awake, that was the end of my sleep for the night.

Breakfast first, and then I need to catch up with blog reading and comments. I'm way behind so I wouldn't be surprised if that takes up most of the morning! It's a pleasant way to spend my time, so I'm not complaining! Once I've caught up, I'll do my Italian practice and then my daily exercise. I haven't decided what to do today but given that I'm so tired it'll be one of the less energetic options, so probably walking. 

I have another phone chat with J arranged for this afternoon. Our conversation this week is happening in installments as J has needed to end each call to deal with a work related call. We're usually luckier than this and manage to fit in a long chat but she's very much in demand at the moment so we'll just keep trying- this will be our third attempt this week, so I'm hoping it's third time lucky! 

I tried the Harry Potter quiz last night, the one that was abandoned due to technical issues last week. I really enjoyed it - it's Harry Potter, so what's not to enjoy? - but it was much harder this time. I only scored 56 out of a possible 80, partly because one round (10 points) was all about the Fantastic Beasts films but also because I couldn't name the wood each character's wand was made from. The quiz was supposed to be based on the films so I'd query whether this is actually information from the books and not the films (as I'm sure the films only mention Harry's wand  out of the characters mentioned in the quiz) but anyway I've decided I need to do some serious swatting ready for the next quiz, so I'll watch all eight films again, starting this afternoon. Let's hope I can stay awake!

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you had a disturbed night of sleep. Maybe you might take a nap in the afternoon? Hope you are able to connect with J and have that long chat you've been trying to have! The HP quiz sounds hard! Enjoy watching the films, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From snippets of conversation I've heard today it sounds like someone had a houseful of visitors, so I'm not impressed! I'll try to stay awake and go to bed early as I want to get my sleeping pattern back on track if I can.

      The quiz was harder this time but it was still fun to take part. Oh, I will definitely enjoy watching the films 😊 xx

      Delete
  2. I've been catching up on blog reading too this week. I think February is prime time for that. I wouldn't do very well on a Harry Potter quiz - have yet to read any of the books, and only saw 1 or 2 of the early movies. Sleeping seems to be an issue for many of us during the pandemic - I certainly hope it resolves itself when this is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had corrected my sleeping pattern but lately I have been awake until the early hours, so being woken up by inconsiderate behaviour was not great. I hope it resolves when our new normal lives can start.

      Not read Harry Potter or seen all the films? I take it that it's just not your sort of thing. I love it all, but you may have guessed that!

      Delete
  3. Having your sleep disturbed by car doors slamming is most unsettling. Are the Fantastic Beasts movies really Harry Potter movies? I would gladly re-read the books & maybe the first 4 or 5 of the movies with you. Hopefully you & J can have a nice long uninterrupted chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have classed Fantastic Beasts as Harry Potter but maybe I'm wrong. Until the entire Fantastic Beasts story is revealed we won't know if there is a connection other than some of the characters are in both series.

      I'm watching the films first and may start a re-read of the books later this month so feel free to join me. 😊

      Delete
  4. I consider I'm fairly up on Harry Potter but I wouldn't know the wand woods! That's higher level, isn't it? Hoping your day is going easily and restfully.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty confident that they don't describe Neville, Hermione or Luna's wands in the films but I may be wrong. As you say, that sort of knowledge is definitely higher level.

      I am having a good day so far thanks xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts