Monday 31st January

31/365: I love the colour of this rose

Where did the weekend go? I can't believe it's Monday already. I don't seem to have done much at all, well except for getting acquainted with my new piano. I'll need to get myself organised this week as there's a lot to do.

I'm expecting visits from the people interested in buying a couple of the items I've advertised for cash on collection, and I want to carry on and place a few more adverts, hopefully today but definitely this week. I also sold three other items online so need to pack those up and get them posted ... that's a task for today so while I'm out I'll take another load of things for disposal to the local recycling yard, the result of half an hour looking for something in the garage yesterday. I've also decided I can probably find another box or two of items for charity shop donations so will contact my friend's son as soon as I've done another blitz through the house and garage.

I can't ignore it any longer ... I need to get on and do some house work. The living room is the lucky room for today, partly because there isn't really much to do in there and then, depending on how I feel and whether I can keep myself away from the piano, I'll tackle the downstairs cloakroom as well. I'll do a different room every other day and it'll soon be done, and then I really must look at getting that cleaner I promised myself.

It looks like it could be quite a social week, though nothing is finalised yet. I've texted J about meeting for coffee and L about meeting for lunch, and if things go according to plan I will be seeing Baby R one afternoon as well. I've also invited my friend and her youngest daughter over for a meal one evening before her daughter moves away to start a new job and am waiting for them to confirm. I'm also trying to find someone to join me for a walk around the Trowbridge Nature Trail. 

When I've finished the boring stuff (housework and decluttering) and in between playing the piano 😃, I plan to carry on with the family tree research. 

Comments

  1. It sounds a remarkably busy day - good luck and may it all go to plan.
    Definitely have a look for someone to help with the housework - it makes such a difference and, if you can, why not? It benefits you and whoever you employ.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've managed to get most of it done. I've run out of energy half way through the housework so will leave it until tomorrow now.

      Tomorrow's to-do list definitely includes looking for a cleaner! xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous rose!
    That's what my daughter and I were asking, a bit earlier - where did the weekend go? You put your weekend to good use getting to know your new piano. :) Sounds like a busy week ahead for you! Hope you accomplish most if not all of what you want to accomplish and still have lots of time to play your piano! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely still feels like Sunday to me today! Motivation is sadly lacking today but I have done most of what I set out to do, I just haven't finished the housework. I've saved the piano playing for this evening 😊

      Delete
  3. That rose is amazing! And time playing the piano and enjoying it isn't wasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful and I think I'll see if I can find a similar rose to plant in the garden this year.

      I've definitely made some progress this week with all the playing I've been doing, so yes, not wasted time at all. x

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful rose. Sounds like a busy day and week ahead. I need to get some cleaning done over the next couple of days as I'd been putting it off looking after the pup following her op but no excuse now. I hope you find time to play your new piano :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful but apparently has no scent. I'mve done most of my to-do list today but haven't finished the housework yet ... a job for tomorrow now. I've left the evening free to play the piano!

      How's Tilly doing? Is she cone and stitches free now? x

      Delete
    2. Tilly is fine now and thanks for asking, stitches out and cone of shame put away.

      Delete
    3. That's great news. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend ... just You & The Piano. I think this could be a rom-com novel title (col). But what fun to have found something to bring so much joy ... this is how we should all be. :)

    I agree that is a beautiful rose colour, vibrant, I think saturated is a good description ... "this rose is saturated with a deep vibrant red which holds the colour well into the bloom ...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might work as as novel but would fail miserably as an audiobook if I was doing the playing! 😂 I'm enjoying my new toy and can see hours and hours of fun ahead of me.

      The rose is beautiful. It's part of the bouquet I was given. x

      Delete
  6. I love the color of that rose too!!

    I envy that you've finished the boring stuff, as my Monday has quite a bit of that on the agenda. I really need to get on listing some of the things I want to sell, because I have been keeping cardboard boxes for shipping and they are starting to pile up. Just need to make a start - that is always the hardest part, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't quite finished the boring stuff yet as I ran out of energy so will need to complete the housework tomorrow. It is the getting started that's the hardest part and I have no suggestions of how it make it easier, sorry.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts