Weekly Reflections

30/365: pink pansies

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting, texting and emailing with family and friends
  • flowers to say thank you from the family who took the old piano off my hands 
  • learning that the old piano will be used by a 7 year old girl who loves music
  • getting my new piano, and ...
  • ... discovering that playing is now almost (arthritis) pain free thanks to the lighter weighting of the keys
  • buying a new tablet, which has allowed me to move the laptop back to the playroom and regain the space in the living room
  • visiting Joy for a morning chat
  • making some progress with the decluttering
  • sharing a takeaway at home with S and H - even though it was a surprise visit and I wasn't totally happy about inviting them indoors, I did enjoy their company


I am grateful ...
  • for the respect shown by the important people in my life who understand and have accepted that I am still cautious about the Covid risk and don't want to take any unnecessary risks
  • for central heating and double glazing on freezing cold days!
  • a seemingly never ending supply of books from my sister


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. On hold while my knee heals
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. On hold while my knee heals
  • weight: no change

Comments

  1. I can absolutely relate to the piano reasons, especially that your old piano has gone to a good home where it will be loved and used. It's brilliant.

    I hope the knee heals soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing that a little girl has my old piano is the brilliant and I know I how excited I would have been to get a piano when I was her age.

      Thanks Joy, I think it's down to doing the knee exercises again. I don't think it'll get better without some effort on my part so I need to get on with it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've had a lovely week and I imagine the highlight was the arrival of your new piano.
    What a nice colour the pansies are and still blooming lovely. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piano has dominated the entire week, either fretting about disposing of the old one or getting to play on the new one. I'm over the moon with my new one 😊

      All the pansies were supposed to be this colour, the yellow ones were a complete surprise! I hope you enjoy the rest of day too xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love them, little splashes of colour on a dull winter's day.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely week with so many things to be cheerful and grateful for. The pansies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been, and I continue to be grateful for so many good things in my life.

      The pansies are adding pretty splashes of colour in the garden.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts