Monthly Photo Challenge: 'Beginning with 'G'

The theme for January was 'beginning with G' ... did anyone else find this theme hard? I struggled to get started as my mind went completely blank when trying to compile a list of ideas to photograph but a trip to the museum helped get me started and then I found a few things around town and at home. 


a gear wheel

another gear wheel

more gear wheels

Google home page

gallery of photos & a grandfather clock

a local word ... "guzzle"

a teasel gig

greetings cards

gravestones in the Parish Church graveyard

window grille

green doors and garage

ginger cat

no fence, just a gate!

gypsophila

green M&M sweets dispenser

red and green grapes

board games

genealogy chart

green pens

grated cheese and grater

glossary

The challenge is to take photos on the set theme; the photos must be taken during the month (no archive photos), a minimum of five photos but no there's no upper limit, and there will be a new theme every month. The theme for February is circle(s)/circular and I'll post a linky at the end of the month  Have fun! 

Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the January challenge. Here's the linky  .... please link to your challenge post, not just to your blog.

Comments

  1. You did well finding those twenty photographs. Oh the gate with no fence made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. The gate looks really odd standing there on it's own. I don't know what the owners are planning as the majority of the other gardens aren't fenced at all.

      Delete
  2. I loved the pic of the cat, but that gate on it's own left me stunned. I am totally up for February's challenge. Thank you for setting them. It's really having a positive effect on my mental health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. The gate makes me laugh! I will be watching to see whether they eventually add a fence but it's been like that for ages now.

      I'm looking forward to seeing your photos next time and am glad to hear that it's having a positive effect on your mental health.

      Delete
  3. Yes, my mind went blank too and then I got a bit more inspired but as usual, even when we have photographed the same item, you've produced a more picturesque image. Later I thought of loads more better things but that will just teach me to be more methodical in my approach next time ... maybe!
    Obviously that house needs a gate, so you can get in! (Maybe they are hoping those shrubs will become a hedge, in the fullness of time...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who struggled to get started. I haven't looked at your photos yet but am sure that yours are more picturesque than you give yourself credit for ... they usually are.

      Ah, of course... it's the entrance. You wouldn't be able to get in without that. I did hear that the postman 'has' to use the gate or risk a complaint if he/she tries to step around it!

      Delete
  4. Loved all your photos, Eileen. My favorites are the ginger cat and the gate! I laughed when I saw the gate! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless, I thought you'd like the cat. The gate looks really odd as it is but maybe work had to stop because of the pandemic.

      Delete
  5. No need to have worried! You've found loads, my favourite is the gate (was there a "Please close the gate" sign).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our trip to the museum helped. No there's no sign on the gate but it is always closed 😂😂

      Delete
  6. Lots of G things. I chuckled at the gate & no fence - maybe there's a hope that the shrubs will fill in to make a barrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gate seems to have amused everyone. I think they'll have quite a long wait for the shrubs!

      Delete
    2. There is an area where I go blackberrying, and there is a big green in front of the brambles. By the roadside, along the edge of the green, there are newel posts (no chains) and every so often a large padlocked gate. It looks really odd and I had often wondered about it as the area is common land and completely open to all. Finally Dad explained that the gates ensure access for the council mowers, while keeping cars/camper vans off the grass. Clearly that is not what is going on in your pic, but seeing it reminded me of that place. If I had had my brain in gear, I could have photographed those gates but I had forgotten them completely... Just wittering really!

      Delete
    3. Feel free to witter on. Now you've remembered them can we see a photo anyway please?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts