Weekly Reflections

  

2/365: the osteospurmum is still flowering 
(sorry, I don't know why it's so dark when uploaded to the blog as the original is fine)

Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • enjoying a few TV shows - Great British Sewing Bee, Only Connect, Would I Lie to You, QI, as well as some films - Last Christmas, The Holiday, Scrooge, A Wonderful Life, and Spider-Man: Far From Home
  • celebrating Christmas despite having to change plans at the last minute, and ...
  • ... continuing a family tradition by celebrating to the Twelve Days of Christmas
  • feeling excited about 2022 and realising some of my plans
  • watching Les Misérables: The Staged Concert on Sky Arts, and ...
  • ... playing, well trying to play, some of the songs from Les Misérables - one of my Twelve Day gifts was the piano music for the songs ... easy version, obviously! 
  • trying a couple of new-to-me recipes
  • meeting J for a long lunch
  • adding some more social events to my diary ... plenty to look forward to
  • making a start on both the photography challenges
  • ordering some new clothes ... the grey sweatshirt has arrived and the smaller size fits me 😊😊


I am grateful ...
  • for Covid testing and the free use of Zoom, enabling us to stay safe and still meet up
  • that my eldest niece was able to travel from Wales on Christmas Day, meaning that her children were able to have those long overdue and much needed family cuddles
  • for thoughtful messages and virtual hugs from friends who live too far away to see regularly


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. Achieved, but all indoors 
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
  • weight: No idea, I haven't weighed because it's the Christmas break and I'm enjoying myself 😊

Comments

  1. All brilliant, Eileen. What a great start to the New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. My plan is to make 2022 better than 2021 was! xx

      Delete
  2. You had a good Christmas although it wasn't how it was planned to be and you're looking forward to a bright new year with plans made. As you say there's plenty to look forward to. That's my only resolution for this new year, don't look back look forward with hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant resolution Eileen. Here's to a better 2022 for all of us. xx

      Delete
  3. The film The Holiday was partially filmed in and around the village where my Dil and GSs live, in Surrey. Remind me to tell you a little story with regard to the village stores, which appear in the film (too long for here!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post filled with so many reasons for being cheerful and grateful! I think you had a very good end to 2021 and an excellent start to 2022. I hope that 2022 will be filled with many more reasons to be cheerful and grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I have lots of ideas and tentative plans for upping the fun side of life in 2022 so am hopeful for an even better year. Things had gradually improved during 2021 and I want to continue to build on that. I wish the same for you in 2022 ... that you also have many reasons to be cheerful and grateful. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts