Saturday 15th January

15/365: the text says 'This is my curry cooking apron'

One of the best parts of decluttering is rediscovering long lost items. I found this apron, a gift from a friend some years ago, which had been put away in a cupboard and completely forgotten about but which can now be used again and treasured.

Yesterday was another washout. I'd spoken to J and arranged a meeting time, then had to cancel because I received notification that the parcel I've been waiting for would be delivered yesterday instead of Monday so we left it that if the parcel arrived early enough we'd meet for a coffee. Then an hour or so later she phoned back to say that she needed to reschedule some work so wouldn't be free but maybe try for a meal at 6pm-ish. 6pm came but still no sign of the parcel, so we cancelled, chatted on the phone for a while and will try again next week. The parcel eventually arrived at 7:30pm!

I'm currently debating with C (piano teacher) whether to enter for the adult beginner class at one of the local music festivals. Last year it was all held online but this time that's not an option (unless the Covid numbers are too high) and I'd have to attend in person so, as it's in Bath, it's looking increasingly unlikely that I will enter. I had it earmarked as a possible 'adventure', pushing me out of my comfort zone as I am definitely not a solo performer, but it's in March so I doubt the Covid situation will have improved that much by then. At the moment I am considering entering, getting the piece ready, and then withdrawing nearer the date if they don't change the arrangements to move it online ... I think that will depend on how many entries they get so it's impossible to guess. Whatever we decide, I will still work on a new piece and get it to the correct standard for the festival.

Today's to-do list includes doing a bit more on the decluttering front, making a bottom of the fridge soup, and then having a relaxing day filled with a mix of reading, family tree research and some piano playing, with maybe some TV if there is anything on worth watching.

Comments

  1. That's a fabulous apron and it's so you, you must have been thrilled to rediscover it. These delivery slots are annoying aren't they, I don't know why they can't narrow them down better than they do. Your plan for the festival sounds the right approach, see how you feel about entering nearer to the date. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased to find the apron again ... it's definitely 'me'!

      I'm sure the delivery company could at least narrow it down to morning or afternoon to avoid having to wait in all day. Still, the parcel is here now so all's well.

      I can't see I will feel at ease about the safety aspects of the festival by March but at least I haven't ruled it out completely at this stage. Hope Tilly is feeling better and that you all enjoy a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  2. What a nuisance with the parcel!

    Regardless of the location of the competition, to even think about entering shows that you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parcel delivery was a nuisance but I need to contents for me piano lessons to continue so didn't want to risk being out and missing them. It's a new floor stand to hold the iPad in position so C can see the keyboard and me at the same time ... when the new piano is here there won't be space for my current setup.
      The festival is definitely outside of my comfort zone and I'm sort of surprised that I'm even considering it!

      Delete
  3. Some delivery companies think people don't have anything to do but wait for parcels! Last week I was told a parcel would arrive on Tuesday morning but it was delivered on Wednesday! No apologies. So annoying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the couriers now at least provide a two hour time slot so I don't understand why this particular courier couldn't narrow the deliver time down to at least morning or afternoon.

      That's frustrating when a parcel isn't delivered on the day notified. It would have annoyed me too.

      Delete
  4. Very cute apron! I think I need one like that, myself! :D
    That's too bad that you had to wait in all day for the delivery and missed out on meeting up with J. But, it was something you needed and at least, you received it. I think it is a good idea to apply to enter the music festival and then, make a final decision closer to the date, depending on the situation with Covid, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect apron for me!

      At least the new stand I need is here and it's good quality, and I'll be seeing J on Wednesday so it's all worked out in the end. If it's not online I won't do the festival, partly because of crowded rooms full of strangers but mainly because it will involve playing a piano that has been played by all the other participants (mainly children) and all the accompanists without being disinfected between players.

      Delete
  5. I agree - I enjoy finding 'lost' items that I'd forgotten about. It's the one fun thing about decluttering. Ack how horrible that the parcel didn't arrive until late! They always seem to arrive at the 'wrong' time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's good to remember that decluttering has some benefits! Deliveries are frustrating but I do like the convenience of the online shopping so I suppose I have to put up with the frustrations of the delivery as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts