Weekly Reflections

9/365: cyclamen

 Reasons to be cheerful ...

  • chatting with family and friends
  • visiting Joy for a lovely face to face chat
  • trying on two items of clothing and they fit me! ... a pair of trousers and a bright blue cardigan, so just a purple top still to arrive
  • planning adventures, big and small
  • finding another snippet of information about my paternal grandfather from the 1921 England & Wales census 
  • agreeing with my neighbours that the garden fence will be replaced this month, weather permitting
  • trying Applewood vegan cheese, a generous gift from Joy, and liking it ... really excited that I can start adding cheesy meals to the meal plan with no worry about being ill ...
  • ... sorting through my recipe file to find some cheesy recipes to try out!
  • enjoying the garden in winter ... it's too cold to sit outside but I've walked in the garden every day, despite the rain. I'm enjoying all the little signs of life and flashes of colour, some from the summer annuals still in flower, a yellow rose now producing pink blooms (!), a new bud on a very confused pomegranate, the bright pinks of the cyclamen, and the first shoots from the Spring bulbs.
  • placing the order for my new piano 🎵🎵🎵😀


I am grateful ...
  • that my nephew has recovered from Covid
  • for the helpful salesman who answered all of my questions about the piano purchase and set my mind at rest
  • all the people I have in my life


Lifestyle changes
  • exercise: 
    • 30 minutes daily walk. Achieved, but all indoors or in the garden
    • 20 minutes daily knee strengthening. Achieved 
  • weight: no change from my last weigh-in before Christmas, so I'm pleased with that!

Comments

  1. Lots of lovely reasons to be cheerful and grateful for, again, Eileen. A wonderful start to the new year! Sounds like your yellow rose blooming pink and the pink pansy blooming yellow have switched places! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it's just a glitch with the yellow rose as I really liked it. It has two more buds and they look more promising for the correct colour. I've given up on the pansies ... they've been burgundy or yellow so far, but none of the promised pinks!

      Delete
  2. I've never eaten any sort of hard cheese because it upsets my stomach, and I get nauseous or worse. I wonder if I could manage vegan cheese. I shall give it a try. Joy sounds a good friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm allergic to dairy which is why I have problems with cheese so the vegan cheese was ideal for me. I hope it works for you too. Yes, Joy is a very good friend.

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked the cheese, it was far too strong for my taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it and it's given me the confidence to trial other makes and variety. Thanks again, Joy xx

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful week you have had! I wish you the rest if the year is as lovely as these first days of January.
    Enjoy the Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, it has been a very good week. Thank you, Irune ... I too hope the rest of the year is as good and I wish the same for you.

      Happy Sunday x

      Delete
  5. Lovely reasons to be cheerful. I wondered about your fence and that's good it'll be replaced soon. You must be so excited about your new piano arriving soon too. That's great no weight gain from the festive feasting, I just put on just two pounds and I can live with that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're agreeing all the details about the fence on Monday. It's proving to be an expensive month with the piano and the fence ... I admit I'm more excited about the piano though!

      I was expecting to have gained so was pleased not to. I now have to get back to eating healthily and trying to lose some more. A two pound gain for you will soon disappear hopefully. xx

      Delete
  6. Another fantastic week with so much achieved. Good for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I've made good progress this week and even more today ... blitzed the house and am in the process of moving everything to be decluttered to the dining room to deal with over the next week or so. xx

      Delete
  7. That is a cracking week, especially with the piano. Long may this continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. It's been a good start to the year and the piano was the icing on the cake!

      Delete
  8. I enjoy reading your weekly reflection list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts