Wednesday 19th January

19/365: third time lucky ... I made it to the museum!

I met Joy as arranged (actually I had to text her to say I was running late as I hadn't factored in the time it'd take to de-ice the car!) and finally made it to the photo exhibition in the museum. As it turned out I had a good time and enjoyed Joy's company but I was completely underwhelmed by the exhibition ... I was expecting it to be bigger but there were only about 20, maybe 25 photos which took all of 10 minutes to look at. There were some good ones though. This meant we had time to look around the museum as well. The refurbishment involved opening up the top floor so there is a lot more space over two floors for all the exhibits but I feel that it's lost some of the charm of the old place. One plus is that I was able to take some more photos for my monthly challenge and the WPSH.

After the museum we went our separate ways and I indulged in a pleasant half hour in Waterstones deciding how to spend my birthday token. I wasn't going to bother because my knee was throbbing (I had a fall at home first thing and have twisted my knee. Again!) but then I caught sight of that magic word ... 'Sale', so I went in. In the end I settled for 'Moonflower Murders' by Anthony Horowitz and 'Eight Detectives' by Alex Pavesi, which were in the 'buy 1, get 1 half price' offer and then I was given an additional 50% off at the checkout, so I still have some money left on the token to spend at a later date.  Holland & Barrett is near Waterstones so I popped in there to look at their alternatives to coffee drinks. It's quite a small store so I don't know if the larger ones have more choice but I had two to choose from - Barleycup or Whole Earth Nocaf Organic drink. I bought the Whole Earth this time because it was a smaller jar and I didn't want to waste money if I didn't like it, but ... drumroll ... I do like it and it will definitely meet the need for a hot drink to enjoy after meals. I'll try the Barleycup next time but will be perfectly happy with the Whole Earth option if I don't like the Barleycup. All in all, it was a good day.

I watched the second episode of Watercolour Challenge yesterday and realised that they have changed things around. I'm sure there used to be a different group of painters every day and the winners from Monday to Thursday would compete to find the winner of the week. The winners of the week then competed to find the series winner. With the latest series it's been the same group of four painters in the two episodes I've seen so it's not following the original format ... I'm assuming we see the same group all week. I'm not sure what I think of that as we won't get to see the broad variety of styles we saw in the original series, but it's too soon to make a judgement on whether it's a change for better or worse. 

Today it's the nutrition club online class (nutrition to support skin health), followed by my piano lesson, followed by lunch with J, followed by a Zoom meeting with H & Co for the 2022 photo challenge, so a bit of a full on day. Before the nutrition club I need to phone the surgery and try to arrange to actually see my doctor about my knee as it's even more painful today. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Sorry to learn about your fall and painful knee and I do hope you can make an appointment to see your doctor. It sounds like you have a busy day, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to speak to anyone at the surgery yet but will keep trying. It is a busy day but all fun things and no work, so I'm happy with that!

      Delete
  2. Your day sounds absolutely lovely and I'm glad it was three times lucky with the museum meet-up.

    Really sorry about the knee though and I hope the doctor will be able to sort something out for you.

    I must dig out the Watercolour challenge on 'search' - I like that sort of thing very much. Did you enjoy the Pottery Throwdown on Sunday?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck with the surgery so will try again tomorrow! Yes I saw the Throwdown and agreed with the result this time. xx

      Delete
  3. Underwhelmed is exactly how I described the photo exhibition to a friend this morning. Sorry to hear your knee is worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!

      My knee is really swollen so will have to rest properly once I get home from lunch with J.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear of your fall. It's always a shock. I hope that your knee gets better. The photo exhibition sounds like a bait and switch. Please share what you think of Moonflower murders. It sounds wonderfully intriguing and tempting. Take care of that knee, and hopefully you can keep it rested despite a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ongoing knee problems so I've just added to the list of pains! I will let you know what I think of Moonflower Murders, probably finish it by the weekend.

      The photo exhibition was okayish and to be honest, I should have expected it to be as it was. I'm just an optimist and was expecting it to be much better!

      Delete
  5. Yes sending lots of good vibes that you get an in person visit with your Dr. & that your knee is less painful today. What a good outing you had yesterday - very successful with the books & hot drink selections. You'll probably get to enjoy both these treats as it's likely you'll get told to rest you leg/knee for a few days & what better way than with a good book to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No luck with getting an appointment sadly and may have to settle for a telephone consultation, which is less than ideal.

      Yesterday was definitely a successful day and I plan to put my feet up and enjoy myself while I rest my knee ... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear about your knee. I wish you are luckier with the surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irune, I'll just keep trying until I get the appointment. In the meantime, I'll rest as much as I can to avoid causing further injury.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about your knee, Eileen.
    Good luck with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Sorry to hear about knee. I hope it feels better soon!

    Glad you finally made it to the exhibit even if it didn't turn out as planned. I would have enjoyed spending time in the bookshop though it would probably tempt me too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, the swelling has reduced a little today (Thursday).

      I still enjoyed the visit to the museum even if the photos weren't quite what I was expecting. The bookshop was filled with all sorts of delights ... you'd definitely have been tempted! xx

      Delete
  9. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and the painful knee! I thought I was the only one who was allowed to fall around the house and garden! Hope you will be able to get through to the clinic, tomorrow. But, it sounds like you had a very pleasant day, yesterday (even with the underwhelming photo exhibit) and what sounds like another fun day, today. Rest your knee as much as possible and hope the swelling and pain go down, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more that my knee gave way and I fell rather than tripping and hurting myself in the process. I have no intention of falling again so will leave that to you, although I hope you don't fall again either. It's currently very difficult to get appointments with the GPs and lots of people are complaining about it, so I will just keep trying until I'm successful.

      It was a fun day, despite the knee issues, and I've now decided on some very quiet days at home so I can rest my knee. The swelling has reduced a little this morning (Thursday). xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts