Decluttering!

10/365: some winter colour in the garden

I don't know what came over me yesterday, but making a start on emptying the music room ready for the new piano delivery somehow evolved into the mammoth task of blitzing the whole house - every cupboard and drawer checked, unwanted items identified and removed. I started moving all the unwanted stuff into the dining room but ran out of energy so today I'll finish moving the rest of the stuff and then start sorting. Anything suitable for a charity shop donation can be boxed up and I'll ask my friend's son to collect all of that as soon as possible, and then will start placing the adverts for the stuff to be sold ... there is a lot, it seems I'm ready to let a lot more things go this time! 

I still have to do the rest of the clothes and household linen but will wait until the next kerbside collection to do that. I honestly think that this will be the last big push to get the decluttering finished and am so looking forward to finally having a home filled only with contents suitable for the size of the house and no longer have to live with the contents of two houses crammed into one with the added addition of my late partner's many collections. 

Comments

  1. Oh, wow! Seems like the new piano was the motivation you needed to declutter the whole house! Go you! Well done! You are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. At the time of writing this response I'm wishing I hadn't started as it's at the 'looking worse before it looks better' stage but am telling myself that it'll be worth the effort. It all started when trying to find a new home for the biscuit barrels!

      Delete
  2. Oh, my word. And I thought I'd done well.
    Good for you, Eileen!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I think you've done really well and my day didn't include any ironing, while yours did! xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you are tackling such a big job. It sounds like the piano has inspired you in more ways than just music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying the new piano was just the push I needed to finish off the rest of the decluttering. I've been chipping away at it for absolutely ages ... years ... so it's a relief to be to be reaching the end.

      Delete
  4. Just the push you needed to get the decluttering done. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Yes, it was the push I needed and, while I'm regretting it a bit this morning, it'll all look much better as soon as the charity shop donations leave the house either tonight or tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  5. Yeah to getting the piano ordered & to the nice salesperson. I love when there are bursts of energy to get a job/task completed. The "mess" now will be gone soon & then that peace of mind will settle in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying the piano has spurred me on to finish the decluttering and put myself in a position to live life as I want to. Just the last bit of effort needed and I can move forward to the next stage. xx

      Delete
  6. Wow that sounds like a busy day! I'm lucky if I get one or two bits done in a day. I usually end up getting distracted or discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather busy but don't forget that I'm at the opposite end of the process to you and a making that final push to get it all finished.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts