Tuesday 15th November

319/365: gaura
 

I had a good time at the book group meeting yesterday. The important business was dealt with first - arranging a meal to celebrate my birthday combined with the book group Christmas jolly, and then we talked about anything and everything except the book, though in the end E tried to start the discussion about that but it soon went off at a tangent. There was one other who didn't like the book, though for very different reasons than mine, but the majority loved it. 

Some of the goodies I ordered have arrived. I found two deliveries hidden behind the wheelie bins when I got back from the book group and the new cordless vacuum cleaner arrived last night just before 8pm. There should be one other delivery today with the rest to follow - I'm still waiting for dates for the rest. 

I have my personal training sessions this morning and I'll be discussing my new fitness goal, i.e. to be fit enough for a touring holiday in India, with Amy. I'm thinking about also joining a gym during the winter months as once it gets too wet or on frosty/icy days I won't want to go out for my daily walk ... too fearful of falling and damaging my knee even more ... so am thinking about going to the gym to use their treadmill, rowing machine and recumbent exercise bike on the days that I don't have a personal training session. I'll see what Amy thinks and follow her advice.

As for the rest of the day, I suppose now my new vacuum has arrived I should think about doing some housework ... so that's a definite maybe! I have some veggies to use up so will spend some time in the kitchen getting creative with those and then hit the online stores to look for some of the other items on my list! 

Comments

  1. Sounds like the book group have their priorities in right order! :D Glad you enjoyed the meeting.
    Glad you are starting to receive all the items you've ordered.
    Hope you have a good personal training session today and Amy agrees to your plan to join a gym. Enjoy your day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they do. They're a very friendly and chatty bunch.

      It's exciting opening all the packages but now I have to find a space for everything!

      PT with Amy was fun and she agrees with my plan to join the gym. She'll come with me at the start to help me sort out a decent routine to get the most out of that sort of exercising. Hope you have a good day too xx

      Delete
  2. I laughed out loud at 'definite maybe'. Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have lots of "definite maybe" plans! xx

      Delete
  3. Just whizzing through but remembered you were thinking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnGAhvHuUE and if you only do one wash a day, it looks like a heated airer would help (and a dehumidifer would definitely help!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll have a look at this tomorrow xx

      Delete
  4. Veggies beat vaccing every time for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted the veggies today in the air fryer and will make a soup from them tomorrow. Didn't even think about using the vacuum for some reason! xx

      Delete
  5. Are you feeling a little disappointed that the book really didn't get discussed? Now be sure before you rush into any housework today, that you have read the manual thoroughly (lol). I like that Amy (PT) will go with you to the gym to sort that you are using the equipment correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm not disappointed at all. I'm looking on it as a chance to spend time with a lovely group of people and the book discussion is an added extra.

      Don't worry, I haven't done any housework today, just some more retail therapy!

      Amy is brilliant. The gym staff will show me how to use the equipment but Amy will sort out an exercise schedule for me so I can get the most out of it. xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like the Book Club has their priorities right, lol. Glad you were able to find all your deliveries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, discussing the book is more of an afterthought!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts