The November Garden

There's still a few spots of colour in my November garden and I'm adding to those by moving the blue pots of spring bulbs out from the garage and into position ready for a, hopefully, colourful display in a few months time. There are quite a few blue pots still to move and, weather permitting, P will move them for me some time this week.

327/365: a splash of colour from the red rose and the pink cyclamen

The lofos, the one with the pink flowers seen growing on the trellis in the photo below, is an annual and is still growing well. This is my first year of growing it so I don't know how much longer it will last but am assuming the first frost will finish it off. We've agreed to try it again next year but to plant it in a hanging basket and let it trail.


My solitary pomegranate is still growing ... you can just about see it in the second terracotta pot from the left, the small round blob on the left of the plant just above the rim of the pot.


The rest of the photos show that there is some promise of more colour to come. The cotoneaster was moved from the back fence to the space left behind the garage when the pink rose was removed and it's just starting to produce it's berries and autumn colours. The pieris is producing it's buds and usually starts to flower just after Christmas, and the camellia has more flower buds still to open.

Comments

  1. Your garden has been a treasure this year, well worth the time and effort. Thank you so much for sharing the joy with us all. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy and I'm glad you've enjoyed seeing the changes during the year. xx

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking great! Very green and things still flowering, etc. You and M have planned and grown a lovely, year-round garden! I have to take some photos and post, tomorrow. The past couple of days have been a bit busy with other things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. These photos were taken after some heavy rain so everything is looking good. I do like all the different greens at this time of the year.

      I know you're busy and am so sorry to hear about your friend A. xx

      Delete
  3. Your garden is such a beautiful retreat. I think the custom trellis on/in the fence looks particularly fine this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way the trellis is blending in now some of the climbers have grown. The garden is one of my special places. Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts