Wednesday 16th November

320/365: impatiens (looking tatty but still a pretty colour!)
 

The only parts of my body that aren't protesting after yesterday's personal training are my head and feet! It was the first session in the next cycle of exercises so Amy introduced three new exercises all of which involve heavier weights than I've been used to. I can definitely tell I've had a good work out and it will ease off during the day, so all's good. Amy is on board with my new exercise goal and my plan to join a gym to use their treadmill etc., and said she's happy to come along with me for the odd session to work out a programme for me and to tweak that programme as my fitness improves. She's great and I do like her ... I think she may be just as excited about my possible trip to India as I am!

The rest of the stuff to sort out the understairs cupboard should arrive today and then I just need to decide who I'll ask to sort out all the fixings for me. I'm not planning to go out at all today so will have a quiet day at home and there is plenty of admin type things to keep me occupied. The garage door company have offered me an additional discount so I want to look at their quote again; the offer is only valid until Friday but it's not enough of a discount to want to rush into things. However, it is proving difficult to get a response from other companies so I may end up using them anyway. I also need to check my gas and electricity prices as my supplier has written to say that they have moved me to a more favourable rate to get the full benefit of the governments Energy Price Guarantee, but it is also a move from a fixed rate to a variable rate so I want to have a look at it before I accept it. This will give me brain ache so I doubt much will get done afterwards!  

I owe you all an apology. I changed my daily routine and it doesn't work as far as blogging is concerned and I'm failing miserably at commenting on some of your blogs or responding to your comments on mine. I'll do my best to catch up and will have a think about how I can tweak the routine to avoid this. 

Moving on ... I've finally decided on my Advent calendar for this year. It's one that give a different metal or wooden puzzle every day. I think it's probably intended for older children or teens so I'll just have to channel my inner child every day during December!

Comments

  1. I love the sound of your Advent calendar; it sounds great fun.
    You and I - we both have real treasures for personal trainers and it makes such a big difference. We're so lucky!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly. We are lucky to have both found such good trainers. I still can't quite believe how much I am enjoying my sessions with her and how much progress I have made so far.

      I'm looking forward to this year's Advent calendar ... it should be fun. I'm hoping the puzzles are challenging enough, just not impossibly difficult. xx

      Delete
  2. You have a great personal trainer in Amy! How wonderful that she will go with you to the gym to help you figure it out!
    Sounds like you have a busy day planned even if you are staying home! I wish I were as motivated to get things done! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's brilliant and it's a generous offer to come to the gym and help me sort out a good routine.

      I should get all the things on today's list done and out of the way this morning. I'm not sure I'm that motivated really ... I still have a huge stack of decluttered items to advertise for sale and am failing miserably to get on with it! xx

      Delete
  3. Channeling the inner child should be a permanent setting.

    Good luck with the energy stuff. I'm just too bewildered by it all. And I have so much respect for you with the exercise. Sending good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right ... I'll have to work on my inner child!

      I need to phone the company before I can make a decision as I can't find the infor I need to be able to make a decision. I think the company is being fair and it is a more favourable deal but I don't know whether there will be a penalty if I want to change to a more favourable deal when prices change again in April.

      Delete
  4. Lots of things to think about today. We also have a new option with our electricity provider & at first glance neither seem to be anything but a win for the provider (grrr). Mr Man & I are both looking at our schedules as currently far too many things are colliding. As for Christmas, what's that saying ... never be too old to look up at the night skies on Christmas Eve. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the new option will work out cheaper for me but I want to talk it through with my provider, more to do with penalty clauses and future changes. I haven't given any thought to tweaking my routine today but I do need to.

      I always follow the Norad Santa tracker on Christmas Eve ... does that count?

      Delete
  5. Nice to see the flowers. They are a lovely pop of colour. I dread to think of our bill this winter, but it is too cold here to go without. I shall just try to do the best I can and hope winter doesn't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much colder where you are so I'm not surprised you have heating on. Yes, let's hope it doesn't last too long this time! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts