Tuesday 8th November

312/365: lofos

Yesterday's personal training session went well and left me feeling ready to tackle the understairs cupboard so, after a break for a hot drink when I got home, I started emptying everything out. It's a small space so it should have been a quick job but no such luck. I knew it had become a dumping ground but I'd totally forgotten just how much I had managed to cram in there.

Basically the contents fit into four categories: cleaning equipment like the hoover, mop, dustpan and brush etc.; my Christmas decorations; coats, shoes, bags, etc.; and boxes of items destined for the charity shop or the skip. I'd forgotten about the charity shop/skip items and, as they account for over half of the contents of the cupboard, it's clear that I will have more space to organise the things I want to keep than I thought I would. 

So today's task is to dispose of the charity shop donations and the items for the skip. I think there may also be a couple of black bags full of rubbish for the skip in the garage so they can go at the same time. If I still have any energy left after that I'll make a start on sorting through all the Christmas decorations and decide what I want to do with them.  

Comments

  1. Well done, good for you. It's the time of the year for sorting through decorations - I find I never have enough energy after Christmas. I just want to get it all away and out of sight. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely use the decorations now so I should really give the majority away to family, but struggling to make that decision. Maybe next year! xx

      Delete
  2. Glad the personal training session went well and you felt ready to tackle the understairs cupboard! That's great that some of what you had stored in there were items that were already destined for disposal! Once you get them out of the house, you'll have fewer items to sort through.
    Ah, yes, Christmas decorations. I have more Christmas decorations than should be legal to have, I think! This might be the year to declutter some of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I had to waste time today checking what was in the donation boxes but am pleased to say everything can still go. I doubt it'll get donated today though as it's pouring down and I don't fancy getting wet!

      Sorting through the Christmas decorations isn't going well ... see my response to Joy (above). xx

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun to be going through Christmas decorations, although still a little early IMO, to be putting out/up. We did a clean through of our Christmas decorations a few years ago as they were spilling through other storage areas. Our rule is it has to fit/find a home within the storage shelving designated for Christmas, which has meant no new items for the last 3 years .... except this year I've purchased a set of lighted glass Christmas trees & they don't fit anywhere on the shelving! Means another clear through as we start to put Christmas out, because these trees I want ! I am no help to you on decluttering Christmas things ... sorry (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no you're not really helping! I'm waiting to see how you solve your storage problems! xx

      Delete
  4. That sounds like you had some wonderful discoveries. I bet you make an awesome job of setting up that cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I've a couple of idea for improving the storage and making the cupboard more usable but time will tell! xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Eileen,
    How are you?
    Your pink flower is beautiful!
    I admire your sense of organization.
    Slowly everything gets tidy and soon you can rest and make your Christmas decorations.
    Hugs,
    Ailime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ailime, I'm fine thanks and hope you are too.

      I'll be really glad to get the understairs cupboard sorted out. At the moment it's a struggle to find anything in there so anything I do has to improve that situation!

      Delete
  6. Well done on the sorting! Bet it feels good to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. There's still some to do but I'm glad to have made a start at least.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts