Monday 21st November

325/365: lofos
 

Yesterday it was only 11ºC in the living room first thing and, as I was still feeling fragile following the migraine on Saturday my resolve was low so I gave in and switched the heating on. I had a quiet morning, finished off the last of the batch cooking in the IP and then settled down with a coffee, eager to start the crocheting. I'd read through the pattern again and just managed to find the end of the wool when the doorbell rang ... L & P had arrived earlier than expected. So I put the kettle on, packed the wool away and forced myself to be in a welcoming mood!

We had a really good laugh together and they treated me to lunch so I can't complain ... roast lamb, my favourite. They are staying in this area for most of the week. I offered to let them stay here but they have treated themselves to a small motorhome so they said they were sorted and I'll see them on and off during the week. We haven't made firm plans to do anything together, we'll just see how it goes. 

It's personal training this morning, so a nice way to start the day and that's the only thing in the diary. I have some washing to do but that's easy enough and as soon as the first load is in I will be making a start on the crocheting ... I'm determined to at least get it started today!

Comments

  1. Are you feeling stronger today?
    Roast lamb - how absolutely gorgeous. My favourite too and such a treat because it's so expensive and rarely on offer - and that's not going to change any time soon, is it?
    Have a lovely day and good luck with the crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am thanks Joy.

      I love roast lamb but rarely have it at home because of the cost. It was delicious!

      Thanks, hoping to settle down with the crochet this afternoon. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you switched on your heating! 11C is 51F and that's way too cold for me to be without heat! Sorry you couldn't get started on your crocheting, but, having friends visit and treating you to lunch sounds like a very good reason for not crocheting. :)
    I hope you have a good day, today, and will have time to start crocheting later in the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to wake to a warm house this morning. I won't have the heat on for too long during the day as I'm warm enough wearing my oodie but it'll be on every evening this week as my friends will be calling in to see me then ... I can't let them freeze!

      I'm hoping to start the crochet this afternoon. xx

      Delete
  3. Unexpected visitors, no matter how welcome, can leave me unbalanced, especially if I have allocated time to something. Seriously looking forward to the results of the crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually okay and can be flexible when people turn up unexpectedly. I was expecting L & P but not until much later so I thought I'd have time to make a good start on the crochet, so I admit to being a bit put out by it all! Hopefully there'll be photos in the next day or so xx

      Delete
  4. Glad that the migraine seems to have left. What a lovely trade off for putting now the crochet hook, friends visiting & taken out for lunch! Mr Man enjoys lamb, but I haven't cooked in years & then only on the barbeque. I was glad to read that you received your card :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and many thanks for the card ... I'm saving it for the actual day.

      It was lovely to be taken out to lunch and they are good company. I love lamb but don't have it too often because of the cost, so it was a lovely treat. xx

      Delete
    2. Hello Eileen,
      Your flowers are beautiful!
      It was great to have their friends visit, so they could laugh together.
      I hope you start your crochet. I appreciate it too.
      About the Convent of Mafra, nobody lives there.
      For a few years one row was occupied by soldiers from the Portuguese army, but not anymore.
      Hugs and good week.
      Ailime

      Delete
    3. Thanks Ailime. It's great that my friends are here for a week, usually it's just an overnight stay at most.

      I've made a start on my crochet today and so far so good!

      Thanks for the info about the Convent. xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a lovely, fun time out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts