Saturday 5th November

309/365: the cream rose, strangely with hints of pink!
 

M tidied the garden yesterday ... lots of trimming back of perennials and the pots of annuals have been emptied, though not moved out of the way yet as I'll need to borrow S' sack truck to move those. It's all looking very neat and orderly! The blue pots of bulbs now need to be moved out of the garage and onto the patio but I'll ask S or nephew A for help with that. I can move the smaller ones myself and would be able to do all of them if the up and over door had been repaired, but I can't manage to lift the bigger pots over the threshold of the side door to the garage. We've agreed that M will return in two weeks which gives me enough time to buy some tulip bulbs and another, probably red, climbing rose.

I didn't hear anything from the garage door company so have crossed them off my list and will approach some others today. I think I may be heading into one of those phases where various things around the house need replacing one after the other. So far the hoover has finally given up (it's been on its last legs for ages!), the toaster is now only browning on one side, and it's time to replace the mattress on my bed. I also have a list of items that I've been wanting to buy if I can get them at the right price, so it's time to think about some retail therapy. I'll hold out for the Black Friday prices if possible, but I think this is going to be an expensive month. I think it's better to buy what I need this month though, rather than wait.

I made a start on the freezer inventory yesterday but got too cold out in the garage so gave up for the day. I'd like to finish that today but I definitely have to spend a good chunk of the weekend indoors to finish reading the book group book ... I think the meeting is next week. It's not a book I'd have chosen to read so, while I'm not hating it, I'm not loving it either and it's slow going. 

It's Bonfire Night but I'm not planning on going to any of the organised firework displays. It may all turn out to be a damp squib as the forecast is for rain all day, but I will peep out the window tonight and see if I can see any fireworks ... I usually can!

Comments

  1. I think your cream rose is blushing a bit at being photographed while still unfurling her petals. :)
    Sounds like M had quite a bit to do and it's good that she'll return to help plant the bulbs. Hope S or your nephew will be able to help you move those bigger planters.
    Good luck with replacing all the small appliances and other items that are starting to malfunction! It's a good time to shop for replacements with holiday sales coming up.
    Well done starting on the freezer inventory! I stuffed a couple more items into my freezer and quickly shut the door! I'll have to open the door very carefully, next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bashful rose! 😂😂

      There was a lot for M to do but the majority of the garden is now ready for the winter. One of the men will help me with the blue pots so I don't need to worry about that.

      I'm having a retail therapy weekend, just looking for possibilities today. I'll actually buy when the Black Friday prices are in effect.

      I bet you forget the next time you open the freezer. Hope nothing drops on your toes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts