Saturday 12th November

316/365: nemesia
(not in focus ... it was windy!)
 

I almost achieved everything I wanted to yesterday. I have now reached a decision on the mattress and cordless vacuum cleaner I want and will order them today. Matalan was a bit of a wash out; plenty of jumpers and cardigans but nothing that really grabbed me so I resisted buying items that would migrate to the back of the wardrobe and eventually end up at the charity shop. I couldn't see the small dishes I wanted but that area was really busy so I didn't look too hard and will try again during the week when it may be quieter.

I picked up the bits of shopping that L needed and then drove over to Melksham (about 7 miles) and spent the afternoon with her. She's in a sorry state and it's obvious that she's in a lot of pain and also, I think, still shocked from the fall. I'm glad I went to see her and will go over again next week - her son will be around over the weekend so she'll have help, but I told her to phone if she needs anything.

I'm expecting a Tesco delivery this afternoon but that's about it for today. I feel I should be doing something useful/productive/worthwhile but have no idea what and am fairly confident that I will just end up frittering the day away!

Comments

  1. Well done for resisting! I'm sorry you couldn't find those dishes. Fingers crossed.
    You're a good friend and I am sure L values you very much indeed. I do hope she feels more with it as the weekend progresses - such a horrible thing to happen and it does shake one up considerably, quite apart from any physical repercussions.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think things happen for a reason. This time, not buying the dishes in Matalan prompted me to look online and I have ordered a set of 6 mini casserole dishes that I know are oven and freezer safe and are exactly what I need.

      She is very shaken up. She is a big lady - bigger than you were before you lost all the weight - and she wasn't able to help herself so took all of her weight landing on her back. I think it'll take a while to fully recover xx

      Delete
    2. I think they do too and what you have found sounds just perfect!
      A heavy fall is nasty - no wonder she is so shaken up, bless her. xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it was a mostly successful shopping trip. I'm sure you made the right decision when you chose not to settle for the sweaters and cardigans if they didn't appeal to you. Hopefully, you'll be able to find something that you like, later.
    That was very good of you to spend the afternoon with your friend L. I hope she feels better, soon. A fall like that can be a shock to the system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my problem is that I don't really know how I want to dress anymore! I want something 'different' but don't know what that 'different' is. So probably best to keep looking ... hopefully I'll know when I see it.

      I always enjoy her company and I think it helped her to talk. I'll see her again next week and help her if I can. xx

      Delete
  3. A fall can really shake one up. I know this well, as yesterday I had a fall at work. I went to sit down on a chair with very rolly casters, and it slid right out and I fell backwards. Fortunately I have lots of padding and a hard head :). Still I'm sore. I hope L recovers soon, and I hope you are not injured from the fainting episode yesterday. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you are feeling sore, hard head and padding or not. Hope you feel better soon. I'm fine after the fainting episode thanks and so far it looks like it was an isolated incident. L says she is going back to work on Tuesday but I don't see how she'll manage ... she could hardly walk when I saw her. I too hope she recovers soon. xx

      Delete
  4. It's a shame about Matalan but I'm impressed that you resisted all temptation. I hope that L feels better soon.

    You have been so busy that doing something 'productive' today is overrated. Resting and recharging to be back into the fray with more energy - especially after the faint - is productive. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts