Thursday 3rd November

307/365: camellia
 

I've decided that how I'm feeling is a reaction to stress and is all to do with the worry about the potential diagnosis of ocular cancer. Fortunately I wasn't left worrying for long and the all clear was very gratefully received, so now I need to allow my body and mind some time to settle itself and I can start looking forward again. 

I set out for a walk yesterday, heading towards the canal and thinking a walk along the towpath would be a pleasant way of getting some fresh air and exercise, but the wind defeated me. I felt really battered within a few minutes and it was a struggle to make headway so I turned around and made a very speedy, wind assisted return home. It did liven me up though! I settled for doing some of my personal training routines at home instead.

I was expecting a parcel to be delivered on Friday or Saturday but it turned up yesterday so I had a fun time playing with my new Instant Pot. I've had one before but a bigger size which wouldn't fit into the cupboards so had to stay out on the worksurface ... not ideal in a tiny kitchen like mine. So, I sold that one (for a small profit!) and ordered a 6 quart one instead. This one will cook recipes for six, so a decent enough size for batch cooking and/or when I have people round for a meal, and it will just about fit in one of the cupboards. I haven't been shopping yet but did have the ingredients for a veggie chilli and a lentil soup so that's what I cooked ... and very tasty they were too. The rest of the afternoon was devoted to a recipe/video hunt on YouTube and adding to my shopping list so I can have another play as soon as I've been shopping.

I have another company coming to quote for the garage door today so I doubt I will get round to doing the shopping but it looks like the weather will be dire anyway so a day indoors will suit me fine. I have the measurements for the door now and if he insists on measuring up himself, I'll wait in the garage in the dry for him to finish ... a bit rude I know but I don't relish the thought of getting soaked through again. Apart from that I'll carry on reading the book group book.

Comments

  1. Your camellia is so pretty! I hope you are able to rest and relax and feel better, soon. Sounds like you had a productive day, yesterday! Hope today's garage door estimate will be more reasonable than the previous quote and hope you don't have to go out in the rain and get wet! Have a lovely day, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camellia was planted three years ago and it's taken so long to flower that I'd forgotten what the flowers would be like ... I think it's beautiful, although yesterday's winds and today's hail and rain have knocked all the petals off so it's looking rather bare at the moment.

      The garage salesman failed to arrive so I'm no further forwards with the quotes. At least I stayed dry!

      Hope you have a lovely day too xx

      Delete
  2. The walk sounds 'exhilarating' - weather warning here and the car got battered on the school run - and I think that we had it easier than you! Instant Pots look fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had hailstorm and heavy rain today!

      The Instant Pot is fun and really cuts down on cooking time. I'm busy working out the new cooking times for my favourite recipes. xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely treat in the flowering of the camellia. Hopefully the wind yesterday blew some of those stress cobwebs away. Let's hope this next garage quote is the one, so you can get a new working garage door before, you know, the next season arrives. I don't want to say the W word as we are experiencing some wonderful warm weather & I don't want to chase it away just yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camellia is a delight. The bush has another couple of years growing to do so it'll look a picture in years to come.

      Annoyingly the garage salesman didn't turn up - no explanation at all. I'm not too worried when it gets done but obviously prices will continue to rise so this is the cheapest it's ever going to be.

      Delete
  4. Instant pots are great - have a good time with your new kitchen toy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having a lot of fun! Do you still use your Instant Pot now you have the Ninja? xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts