Friday 11th November

315/365: geranium
 

Yesterday didn't go quite as I'd planned ... does it ever? I had a lovely time visiting with Joy in the morning; we had a good laugh and I felt really relaxed ... so relaxed that I was debating whether I wanted to do all the shopping in the afternoon but on the drive back home I decided that yes, I'd do the shopping and that I didn't have a good reason not to (although I suppose I could have blamed Joy in some way!). I'd left my phone in the car when I got to Joy's and when I checked it at home I had a message from L to say she'd fallen and hurt her back and had been kept in overnight at the Royal United Hospital. They determined that fortunately it was only soft tissue damage so she's been allowed home with medication to help with the pain and she was messaging me to cancel arrangements to meet up as she was feeling nauseous from the medication and obviously movement of any sort was a big problem. I don't know if she was confused about when we were meeting up or whether I'd got it wrong. I tried to phone her but there was no response, although I could see that she had read my WhatsApp message asking if there was anything she needed, so I dithered and put off getting my lunch in case she did phone and I needed to go over to hers. 

As it happens she didn't phone until much later and putting off eating wasn't a good idea on my part. I did eventually get something to eat as I was starting to feel odd and I'd made the decision to go and do as much of the shopping as I could but, as I stood up to grab my bag and leave the house I fainted! It was all over really quickly but I still felt a bit odd and decided that driving was out of the question so I stayed in and placed orders for the groceries to be delivered tomorrow afternoon.

I feel perfectly fine today. I'd had plenty of fluids so the fainting episode wasn't to do with being dehydrated and I'll just have to be stricter with myself about eating on time. I have a fairly easy day today. It's the nutrition focus at 11 am discussing alternatives to alcohol, which will be interesting as I'm teetotal and suggestions for non-alcoholic drinks in pubs are always welcome. Before that I'm hoping to get to the retail park to have a look at the cordless vacuum, the mattress, and the list of goodies in Matalan and this afternoon I'm picking up a bit of shopping for L and taking it over to her house.

Comments

  1. Oh, no! So sorry to hear that you fainted! Thank goodness you were OK afterwards, though! Your blood sugar levels might have been down after delaying to eat! At least you had already eaten something and was well hydrated. Glad you decided not to go out shopping. yesterday, and are feeling fine, today.
    Sorry to hear about your friend L's fall, too! Glad that she got herself checked at the hospital and hadn't broken anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Lyssa has reminded me about the possibility of fluctuating blood pressure which I've had before, so I'll see how it goes and make a GP appointment if I have any more funny turns.

      I saw L today. She's quite shaken up by it but says herself that she was lucky that she didn't break anything.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about that faint!

    Everyone who you tell will be an instant expert, so I'm a little nervous about this suggestion, but it may help and if it doesn't, it can safely be ignored.

    Are you on blood pressure medication? Father fainted in church one day, which was fun. It turned out that his blood pressure was doing much better with the move to live with us and the medication dropped it very low so he passed out. You have been doing so much to get yourself healthier, that any steps you have taken for blood pressure medication may now be a little overkill.

    Whatever the root cause, I hope that you feel better soon. Sending healing vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa. I really do appreciate your suggestion. I went through a bout of fainting some years ago and that was eventually link to fluctuation blood pressure. I have hypertension and take medication every day but with the new GP regime I haven't been checked in over a year (used to be four times a year pre pandemic) so it may well be that my meds need to be tweaked. I'll see how things go for the next couple of weeks and see if I have any more funny turns and will see the GP if I do. I didn't connect the fainting episode with that possibility so am very grateful that you mentioned it. xx

      Delete
  3. Well you did have a day yesterday didn't you! Glad to hear that your friend L is doing better after her fall. Fainting can be scary, thankfully you were at home when it happened & wise not to go driving out. I am sure today's nutrition class will have lots of drink ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I abandoned the nutrition class because it was being recorded and I think it hampers the chat which is the best part of the session for me. Never mind!

      I fell fine today and Lyssa has mentioned a possible cause which I hadn't considered but which I think is actually very likely to be the cause. L is very shaken up and in a lot of pain but is improving slowly and at least is able to be in the comfort of her own home. xx

      Delete
  4. I'm really sorry to read this, Eileen. Hopefully you are feeling very much better by now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm feel fine today and haven't had any periods of feeling odd. Lyssa has mentioned a possible cause in her comment above and I think she may be right. I'll make a note of things and see the GP if I can see that the fluctuating blood pressure thing has returned. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts