Monday 14th November

318/365: the first shaft of light into the back garden 
as the sun moves round from the front of the house

It should be personal training this morning but that's pushed back to tomorrow as it's Amy's birthday so I will finish off in the kitchen instead. I cooked up some recipes in the Instant Pot yesterday afternoon - an Irish stew, spiced cauliflower soup, and pork chops in a mushroom sauce - which I divided into portions and dumped in the garage freezer along with the other meal portions I cooked earlier last week, so today I want to 'shop' from the freezer and move this weeks lunch and dinner meals into the smaller kitchen freezer. I still have a pile of chicken drumsticks to cook ready for lunches plus a whole lot of mushrooms to use up which will probably end up in a soup.

This afternoon it's the U3A book group. I didn't particularly enjoy the book, Love Marriage by Monica Ali. I felt it was too long winded and could have done with some ruthless editing, plus I found all of the characters to be more than a little irritating. The next choice looks much better ... The Little Wartime Library by Kate Thompson and is one I think I will enjoy reading ... it's based on a true story.

My new cordless vacuum cleaner should be delivered tonight between 6pm and 10pm. I settled on a Bosch model in the end. I'll have to arrange for someone to fix up the wall mounting for storing it but will wait until I've found the wall clips for the broom, mop, carpet sweeper etc. so I can get them all fixed in place at the same time. Once that's done, the understairs cupboard will be finished. It will still need to be painted out but that can wait until I get the hall redecorated, probably next year.

It looks like the rain returns this week and temperatures will be dropping so I may have to give in and switch the heating on. At least I have plenty of warming soups and casseroles ready for the colder days!

Comments

  1. Exciting times for you, one way and another. It sounds as if you are really enjoying your Instant Pot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks lovely in the first shaft of light!

    Sounds like you are making good use of your instant pot! Lots of yummy sounding meals have been cooked and frozen! I still need to do that freezer inventory!

    Enjoy your book club meeting! That next book you have to read sounds interesting!

    Hope you have a lovely day, Eileen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our heating clicks on for a short while early most mornings, but it does not come back on throughout the day or evening. I love this time of year, lovely homemade soups, comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sight your garden is, flowers still in bloom - queue the heavy envious sigh from me. Sounds like the Insta Pot was a good idea & nothing nicer than being able to shop from your own freezer. It will be interesting to hear if the other members of the book club liked the book & if so, why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are tackling one project after another aren't you. It will be nice to have the freezer stocked for those days when your enthusiasm for the Instant Pot wears off. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great stash of meals for you. I hope that you are keeping well and taking care of yourself. Please share how the Bosch does, as I could do with getting something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo. I like the light. Sounds as though you did well on preparing the meals. I really need to do more of that! It is work, but makes things so much simpler when it comes to sorting out what's to eat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts