Tuesday 22nd November

326/365: lobelia, looking tatty but surprised it is still flowering in November
 

Personal training was so good yesterday. She added a couple more exercises using weights, an 8lb kettlebell and a 20kg pole this time and I was able to do them so am feeling chuffed with myself. I can tell that my whole body is gradually getting stronger although my left knee is still the weakest point ... better than it was but still a long way to go to improve that particular problem.

I'm happy to report that I made a start on my crocheted cowl but there are no photos until it's finished. I couldn't actually work on it for too long as my hands started to cramp so I think little and often is the way to go. I also struggled a bit with my vision but that may have been because it was a dark and dismal day and even having the lights on didn't seem to make much of a difference. I will have to invest in a proper target light if this new hobby kicks off.

I have to go for a mammogram at lunchtime today and will divide the rest of my time between crocheting and reading, so I have a nice relaxing day ahead of me. L & P came round last night and will be here again tonight and I think we're sharing the cost of a takeaway ... P wants to repeat the Indian banquet selection we had last time we did this so I'm not complaining! 

Comments

  1. You should be quite chaffed with yourself as you have been quite dedicated to the personal training. YEAH! Mammogram, what a fun lunchtime activity, said no woman ever! Necessary but no fun. A treat afterwards is something I always plan for on squishing my boobs day. There must be gain for the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The personal training has made a huge difference to how I feel. My strength and fitness levels are improving and I find it easier to be active for longer. I'll hopefully be adding a couple of cardio sessions at the gym from next week.

      The mammogram is over and done with and to be honest, it wasn't too bad this time. I'll get the results in about two weeks. My treat will be the Indian meal tonight. xx

      Delete
  2. I have one of those little headlamps for crochet work. Looking forward to seeing your crochet. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really struggled to see anything today and have given myself a headache so I will have to get another light source. You mentioning a 'headlamp' has reminded me of the one I used when playing outdoors in the dark with the band ... I wonder if I still have it and whether it will do the job .... goes off to look! Thanks for the idea xx

      Delete
  3. The cramping should get easier as you go along and the P T sounds really good. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does, it's a nuisance.

      PT is going really well and I notice the difference it has made daily. Thanks for inspiring me to try it xx

      Delete
  4. Hope the mammogram goes okay. Glad that the training is working - all that hard work is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I should know the result of the mammogram in about two weeks, so not long to wait and I'm not expecting bad news. xx

      Delete
  5. Well done with the PT and increasing strength and stamina! I walked for 10 minutes yesterday and had to stop because my knee started hurting. I didn't get an opportunity to walk, today (spent most of the afternoon sitting by friend A's bedside at the hospital; she's receiving end-of-life care).
    Hope your mammogram results will be good.
    Sorry to hear that your hands cramp when you crochet; crocheting for shorter periods of time more often will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knees really are a problem when you get to our age aren't they? Hope your's had stopped hurting now. xx

      I'm so sorry to hear the news about your friend and will pray for her and her family.

      I've experimented today with different ways of holding the hook and wool but haven't yet found a method that's comfortable and doesn't make my hands cramp. It's still fun though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts