Tuesday 29th November

333/365: potato vine

I'm having an at-home day today. I really ache after yesterday's personal training session so want to have an easy day ... a pottering sort of day. I did sort through the Christmas decorations yesterday, well just reorganised the boxes really, so need to put those at the back of the cupboard out of the way. Strangely I didn't find it as emotional this time but maybe that's because I'd already decided before I started that nothing was going to be disposed of right now so I was in a better frame of mind to tackle the job. As it happens I've identified three items that I know I don't want to keep but which I think Little Man will really love ... he is just the right age to enjoy them so I'll take them round at the weekend. 

I'll carry on rearranging the cupboards this morning and am expecting a delivery of groceries this afternoon. I also have notification from Royal Mail that they may deliver a parcel to me today ... I'm hoping the vagueness is to do with the strikes and not a new approach to customer service! It should be the dinner service as the pasta dishes arrived yesterday so if it does arrive I'll pack up the old dinner service ready to donate and that'll be another thing done. 

My camera has been playing up for a while, just certain functions developing intermittent faults which all seemed to correct themselves so I hadn't bothered to replace it. However, now there are problems with the focusing which so far aren't going away so I will have to decide what I want to do. I won't get rid of this camera as it has so much sentimental value ... the last gift from my late partner ... but it is now too old in terms of technology and has so many functions playing up that it's not really a viable candidate for repair. So I need to decide whether I want to go for another DSLR camera with interchangeable lenses or to opt for one of the new mirrorless ones which have amazing zoom capabilities. It'll be an expense for next year so I have plenty of time to make up my mind and at least I have my phone camera to use in the meantime. I'll have to finance it from sales of unwanted items so this will give me the push I need to get some more things advertised ... hopefully!

Comments

  1. Your potato vine flowers are quite interesting & WOW that it's blooming on the 29th of November! Three items out of the Christmas box into the hands of someone to enjoy - that's progress :) Maybe a soak in a Epsom salts bath could help with yesterday's workout soreness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have buds on some of the other plants but the temperature is dropping and the first heavy frost will finish them off. Hopefully the vine will produce a lot more flowers next year nor it's had time to establish itself.

      I'm pleased to have found some of the decorations to give away ... it feels easy as they are going to Little Man, and yes it is progress even though just a small step!

      The soreness has worn off as the day progressed but thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good day, just taking it easy and pottering. Identifying three Christmas related items to give away is good! I find it easier to give away stuff if I know who I'm giving it to! Which is interesting! Sorry to hear that you might need to replace your camera, but, I like your plans to fund the purchase of a new one with funds made from selling stuff you already have. Hope your groceries and the new dinner set were delivered. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be getting more done by just pottering and I'm the same as you in that I find it easier to let things go if I know who the recipient is ...both interesting observations.

      Needing a new camera is a good incentive to sell off some more stuff. Yes, both deliveries arrived as promised but some of the groceries I ordered weren't available.

      Delete
  3. How exciting to be thinking about a new camera! I've been thinking about a mirrorless, but I love my DSLRs that I'm not quite 'there' yet. I think if you're in the market for something you might as well go for the new kind as I think they are talking about doing away with lenses for the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that I'm ready to give up on DSLRs just yet but mirrorless may be the way to go. I need to look into what is available.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts