A Bits and Bobs Sort of Day

this is the book group choice for February, Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley
... liking it so far
 

Yesterday wasn't quite as productive as I'd hoped but I was still able to get a few things done. Both loads of washing were done; first load is dry and put away and the second load was left to dry overnight so I'll deal with that after breakfast. I packed up the items to send to Vintage Cash Cow and also one for Eileen (I haven't lost the plot, it's for a friend with the same name!) and I hope to get them to the Post Office today.  

I made a start on sorting through the stationery cupboard. The fact that I have a stationery cupboard tells me that I have too much ... I'm not running a business anymore and don't need half of what I have so a lot of it needs to be passed on. I've sorted out a big box load of card, stickers, stencils, coloured paper and index cards for a friend who is still teaching, and another full of card and patterned paper which my great-nieces may find useful. The one thing I don't have enough of is greeting cards, mostly the age cards for all the children, so have a list for next time I go shopping. 

The reason that I didn't get much done was that a good chunk of my day was spend with piano practice. I've been practicing the new piece he gave me and it was going well, or so I thought, until I realised I've been consistently playing one of the chord incorrectly. So yesterday was all about correcting a learned mistake, something I always find really hard to do! I've got today to work on it and Saturday morning if necessary, but I know that I will hesitate before I play that chord in the lesson ... it is played four times, so it'll be obvious that there is a problem. Serves me right for not concentrating properly!

So today, obviously more piano practice and a trip to the Post Office, and then ... I don't know. There's an amber warning for weather conditions in Wiltshire because of the state of the roads and pavements so I won't be going out for a walk but I do need to do some exercise today ... maybe the Ring Fit game as I haven't done that for a while. Apart from that, maybe some cooking, maybe some reading, maybe catching up with some TV shows. All I know is that I'm aiming for a more relaxing day.

Comments

  1. I hope you have a relaxing day but do take care while walking if you do decide to go out, it can be slippery underfoot, our snow has cleared thank goodness. Thank you for your parcel to me, it's very much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've posted your parcel so it should be with you soon. I drove to the Post Office ... the pavement was still twinkly with frost so I didn't want to risk a walk. I'm glad your snow has cleared and hope you don't get any more. xx

      Delete
  2. I have absolutely no need for a stationery cupboard, but I could easily get there.

    It sounds like you have a lot of things to slot into the day. I hope that it is really relaxing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed the cupboard when I was teaching but I can easily reduce it down to one shelf. I just need to be firm with myself!

      It has been a relaxing day so far and I'm happy with the way things are working out. xx

      Delete
  3. That's great that the Vintage Cash Cow accepted all the boxes of things, so out of your house! I did a huge sort out of my Christmas scrapping stash, posted in the community F/B group & gave to two ladies (whom I don't know) the divided up stuff. Now what I have for my Christmas pages doesn't over whelm me in choice. Who doesn't have a stationary cupboard (col). I need to do clear out all my notes books & blank journals next because my fantasy self really doesn't journal much any more. I hope you enjoy your piano practice today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now they just have to offer me a good price or it will all be returned to me!

      I passed on some of the card and paper to my friend's grandson so that's another box leaving the house. I'm the same as you and am more productive creatively if I have less choice so don't get overwhelmed.

      Piano practice has been good today. I actually spent a lot of time just playing over old pieces and getting my fingers moving properly, but I feel I am ready for the lesson tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  4. Ha, I think I'm well on my way to a stationery cupboard, myself! Except, all the stuff is in drawers or boxes. Sigh. I must ask the temple if they would like to have the new three-ring binders that I have - they were given to me some years ago and I've used some but, I still have two boxes of them in the garage. Maybe their Sunday school children could use them.
    Well done on the piano practice! I'm sure you'll do just fine at tomorrow's lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's created my problem ... people giving me stuff and me failing to say "no"! That's a good idea ... I'd imagine the temple will be able to make good use of them.

      The practice has paid off and while it's not perfect, I can play the piece reasonably fluently now. Let's hope I can do the same tomorrow. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts