Thursday 5th January

I had to rethink taking a walk along the canal ... the paths are in a terrible state!
 

I'm tired after yesterday so today will be a lazy-ish sort of day. I did my walking first thing as it was personal training at 10 o' clock. This was good fun as always but it seemed much harder after the break for Christmas and the final new-to-me exercise, walls sits,  finished me off! I was going to go shopping afterwards but went home for a rest instead!

After a hot drink and time spent doing some online puzzles I went (drove) round to the Post Office to stock up on stamps and post a couple of urgent letters and, as I was about to leave I had a call from J asking if I wanted to meet up for lunch. Yes I did, so a quick change of clothes and I headed off to J's home. We walked into town together, calling in at WH Smiths for me to buy some of the things on my list, and then we walked all over the place to look for somewhere to eat. My legs were screaming at me by this stage so we settled for the Kings Arms so I could sit down. It was a good choice because I had the best fish pie I've eaten in a long time.  I thought I wasn't going to make it back to the car but I did and fell asleep for a couple of hours as soon as I got home. So I didn't sleep well as a result and am tired today. I'm not planning to do much at all except stay awake so I can hopefully sleep better tonight. My legs still haven't recovered from the shock of yesterday's exertions either so they will appreciate a bit of a rest as well! 

The day after personal training is a rest day from walking so I don't need to worry about that thankfully. Instead my exercise choice will be some arm strengthening and toning exercises following one of the YouTube classes ... I should be able to do these seated, which will help with how I am feeling. I will need to do my usual Italian and piano practices but apart from those, I'll just see how the day goes. I have the jigsaw puzzle to work on and plenty of books to choose from so I won't be bored.

Comments

  1. You really did have a very busy day, packed with exercise! Not just the personal training, but, all that walking in town, as well! Glad you are taking a rest day, today! Thank you for the link to the site with the wall sits. I'm no where ready to try wall sits, but, I saw that they had some beginner level activities that I might give a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. I probably did too much for my current level of fitness and am paying for it today! It's getting easier as the hours have passed thankfully.

      Good luck with the exercises. There are plenty of beginner level workouts on YouTube that you may find useful. xx

      Delete
  2. That was a very busy day.
    I wouldn't want to use that path either - what a muddy old mess.
    Sorry about the Snippets misinformation - it's in tomorrow's SW blog, not today's. Ooops!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was busy but I enjoyed everything I did even though I'm paying for it today!

      I won't be visiting this part of the canal until it dries out! It's a shame the towpaths etc don't get maintained.

      Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh the pathway does look yurky ... we are having similar weather, rain, drizzle & big wet snowflakes. I don't think we have seen the sun for at least a week! You did get a lot of walking in yesterday & hopefully no lasting affects. Sounds like the just happen to call for lunch adventure worked out well. Saying yes does sometimes to be the right answer (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mess over there. A big part of the towpath is full of muddy puddles so the risk of slipping is high. We're having rain most days so I'm not surprised.

      It was a lot of walking yesterday. My knees have ached today but it's worn off now and I'm back to normal. The spur of the moment lunch was just the right thing to do ... we both enjoyed it and felt better afterwards. xx

      Delete
  4. I love your photo, i always do so it seems, very good photographer! This one reminds me of my childhood in Holland,. Eileen, already i am snacking again, i have to figure that one out, later. Didn't you also say something about sleeping habits in the last post i read? I have overcome that part of sleeping issues that you mention here, for me the short answer is as you said in a previous post good habits and for me that means that i always have sufficient sleep, and when not i am sure to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jozien. I live very close to the Kennett and Avon canal.

      Have you worked out whether there is a pattern to your snacking, i.e. certain time of the day, and look at what sort of things you are snacking on, so e.g. could you avoid buying them so you wouldn't be tempted.

      I'm getting there with my sleep issues. It's really just a glitch partly brought on by eating too much sugar over Christmas and it won't take long to revert to normal now I'm back on a healthy diet. xx

      Delete
    2. thanks Eileen, i will start a chart for the snacking right now, i like charts, but it does start this time of day, one/two hours after i had breakfast. recently both my husband and i did cut down on the chocolate, because one piece a day had become 4 or 5.

      Delete
    3. Dark chocolate is good for you and one or two squares a day is supposed to be fine ... but only if it's dark chocolate! xx

      Delete
  5. Busy day! Those trails look as muddy as the ones on my walk. I almost slipped a couple of times, but luckily caught myself. It does look like a lovely place to walk. I am always so tempted when I'm in WHSmiths. I wish there was something similar here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pathways are in a terrible state ... an accident waiting to happen!

      I feel at home in WH Smiths. They have some lovely stuff and I have little willpower where new stationery is concerned. xx

      Delete
  6. Oh, so glad you mentioned stamps, I need to stock up before our prices go up on Monday. Off to do that online now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts